cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed ……. So Far

Joyced259
Tuning in

Just changed today from TiVo to 360

My first impression. Very disappointed. Looks like a cheap version of TiVo and there’s things like changing Series Links which have disappeared. I also don’t like the UI that much. As I say it’s my first day and I’m willing for it to grow on me but I don’t think it will. Another example the menu looks like free digital TV and looks awful. It all looks like just a cut down version of the previous. Even the remote looks cheap and nasty compared to the last one. Also we’ve lost one recordable box for a crappy mini box. We tended to record on both. 

As I say I’m willing to change my mind. I’ve found Profiles. That’s okay but there’s only two of us use the box so no real use for it. 

What good changes should I be looking out for? I feel I’ve lost far more than gained in the pursuit of alleged progress. 

17 REPLIES 17

I wasn’t misadvised. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I was severely let down by Virgin who made a complete arse of it. It started off as keeping my package and just changing but because of complete incompetence by Virgin employees they messed up our account so badly that we were marked as a bad account and couldn’t get anything through absolutely no fault of mine. They missold the original upgrade and I had to cancel it as they were trying to fit it on the day of my mothers funeral (after two missed chances to fit it). They thereafter lied to my face and couldn’t fit it for another 5 weeks. I was getting overcharged £80 pm because of their incompetence. I am complaining to the regulatory body. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Joyced259 wrote:

I am complaining to the regulatory body. 

Ofcom don't handle individual customer complaints except for statistical gathering.

If the forum staff haven't resolved your issues (which they often can, quicker than complaints) then the VM complaints code of practice is here which includes details of CISAS independent arbitration.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We are all different and very much entitled to our own opinions but I am surprised that you find the user interface dated and a cheap looking version of what we had with TiVo. I  would have thought this is one area where 360 scores above what we had before. Anyway, I hope you get to like the 360 over time. I have had a lot of issues with it like lost recordings and error codes but must say it has been behaving nicely now for a few weeks. Perhaps the last couple of software updates have worked and "squashed those bugs".

@Rufus57 wrote:

We are all different and very much entitled to our own opinions but I am surprised that you find the user interface dated and a cheap looking version of what we had with TiVo. I  would have thought this is one area where 360 scores above what we had before. Anyway, I hope you get to like the 360 over time. I have had a lot of issues with it like lost recordings and error codes but must say it has been behaving nicely now for a few weeks. Perhaps the last couple of software updates have worked and "squashed those bugs".

Very true. It’s all personal perception. As I said before it’s not a right or wrong thing it’s an opinion. Everybody’s is of value. 

I find the Guide looks just like the Freeview one which although nothing inherently wrong with it they probably got to use it for free. I find it very clunky and not very appealing. I preferred the TiVo one personally. Things like having to press more buttons to see my recorded shows. I have to press the home button once then press the right button three times then the OK button to see what’s recorded. You had to press one button on the TiVo remote. That’s 4 more button presses than before and even when I get there it’s very clunky if you have more than 3/4 shows you have to scroll along. In TiVo they were at least 10/12 there without scrolling. The series link function being basically completely basic now is very annoying. 

Anyway as you say it’s all perspective. I will get used to it maybe but I still may not like it. 

"Things like having to press more buttons to see my recorded shows. I have to press the home button once then press the right button three times then the OK button to see what’s recorded."

You could just press the voice control button and say recordings and then select recorded or planned recordings.

@roy247 wrote:

You could just press the voice control button and say recordings and then select recorded or planned recordings.

That’s definitely less pressing but still a further action than what was required before. I’m amazed it doesn’t struggle with a West of Scotland accent. 🤣🤣

I think like Roy suggests the system is geared to you using the voice control which you find a lot these days. Personally, I feel daft talking to a remote so don't use the voice control and just accept the further button presses. Still, I think it has a nicer look than the TiVo system.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Joyced259 

There's a list of some of the voice control functions on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/profiles-and-voice-control/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali