cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM IPTV stick - available tomorrow

oxfordmark
Superfast

This from @VMO2News on Twitter

NEWS: Our new entertainment service, Stream from @VirginMedia, launches tomorrow. Stream brings together entertainment subscriptions & traditional live TV with fuss-free 30-day contracts – all underpinned by our unparalleled connectivity. Read more

https://bit.ly/3keD2oh https://pic.twitter.com/kGjExj2psw

It includes a Disney+ app! Will we see a 360 version coming soon?
24 REPLIES 24

Spoiler

@roy247 wrote:

@Royalbeech wrote:

So if it's not available for customers that already have TV etc, they better give us an update overnight so we get the same apps, especially Disney +

If you already have Disney + on your TV use that, fair enough wanting the app if not on your TV already but it won't be free, not unless you take out a new contract after a certain date and if it's goes as smoothly as the Netflix offer has gone. 🤔

I know it won't be free! I just want it available through the 360 box, so I don't need to start the PS4 up. My TV doesn't have the app. 

@Royalbeech wrote:
Spoiler

@roy247 wrote:

@Royalbeech wrote:

So if it's not available for customers that already have TV etc, they better give us an update overnight so we get the same apps, especially Disney +

If you already have Disney + on your TV use that, fair enough wanting the app if not on your TV already but it won't be free, not unless you take out a new contract after a certain date and if it's goes as smoothly as the Netflix offer has gone. 🤔

I know it won't be free! I just want it available through the 360 box, so I don't need to start the PS4 up. My TV doesn't have the app. 

Wouldn't it be good if we did get it for free, personally I think there is only one thing on there that I would watch so not worth paying for, although the way things change you don't know where what programmes will end up.

@newapollo wrote:

@Royalbeech wrote:Thats 13 channels not 2, and I belive this service will be for none cabled areas! 

Hi @Royalbeech 

The service won't work in non cabled areas. 

You need to take broadband from VM to access the services.

From Digital-life/Stream-our-new-flexible-entertainment-service 

David Bouchier, Chief TV & Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media O2, said:

'At launch, Stream is available to both new and existing customers who take a Virgin Media broadband only or broadband and home phone package,'

Who is Stream available to?

Stream is available to customers with M50 Fibre Broadband or above and those with Broadband & Home Phone.

Stream is currently not available to customers who already have a Virgin TV service. It’s also not available for Virgin Media Essential broadband customers.

What is the point of this then if it works out more expensive than having a 'Phone, Broadband, TV' combined package (which it does) ?

My combined package costs me around £80, which gives me far more content than this device alone?!

The Stream box would cost me around £60 JUST for the 2 sports packages alone (which are included in my package above) + add the fact that you would also need a broadband deal on top from VM, so another £20 or so, which equates to the same £80 odd..?

Makes  no sense......

🤔

And all existing LOYAL Ooomph and Volt customers will get this FREE so you can still get all your favourite channels when you are out and about.

Ok so I made that up LOL but it really does wind me up that I can happily watch Virgin/Sky Sports anywhere on my mobile as part of the subscription but I cant cast that on to a larger TV screen. 

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Ive read if youve got a tv package you cant get the stream box..

which is bad as i have a ceiling projector in my bedroom and this little box  would replace my crappy firestick.

shocking disappointment from my end.

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

@deans6571 wrote:

This definitely sounds like a great option if you ask me.

More info here:

Virgin Media rivals Sky with a brand new and affordable way to watch TV | Express.co.uk 

and here : Stream-from-Virgin-Media-Pack.pdf (virginmediao2.co.uk)

Other than not being able to record stuff, I don't see anything not to like! 

Its almost worth cancelling my TV subscription altogether!!

EDIT - Wow, this IS expensive:

deans6571_0-1650984481115.png

deans6571_1-1650984513604.png

That's almost £60 a month right there just for those 2 channels (which I have now anyway).....!??! 😮

Maybe I'll stick with my 360 then. 😆

There are two markets: one is for those prepared to commit to 18-month contracts and another is for those on rolling 30-day contracts. For the latter prices will always be higher and functionality limited, e.g. you cannot record.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @oxfordmark

Just a quick heads up. The Disney+ app was added to the 360 earlier today.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello, brill, but no news on the site we are always asked to check out for updates.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @oxfordmark 

It''s been posted in the Digital Blog section  - looks like that the community has actually got the news before the full press release 😃

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@archercj wrote:

And all existing LOYAL Ooomph and Volt customers will get this FREE so you can still get all your favourite channels when you are out and about.

Ok so I made that up LOL but it really does wind me up that I can happily watch Virgin/Sky Sports anywhere on my mobile as part of the subscription but I cant cast that on to a larger TV screen. 

You can if you use a laptop or windows based tv box via the windows app or browser.