cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 won’t prompt for upgrade.

FrancesA
Joining in

V6 box won’t prompt for upgrade and can’t record anything. I think my husband didn’t do things in the right order and don’t know how to put it right ☹️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's check what's happened here then... you've requested to convert from V6 > 360 and have received the new remote?

A couple of days after that arrives, your V6 prompts you on the menu to "upgrade now" which downloads the software, and then completes the conversion to 360.

What's happened in your case? Is your box still running TiVo-software? Check in the top-right of the menu for the "TiVo" logo next to the video preview - if it's there, then it's still working as a V6. If not, it's converted to 360.

When you say "it won't record anything", can you elaborate? Can you set recordings? Do you get an error code/message?

You may well end up calling VM (150 from a landline, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) to get this sorted, but if you could explain (as detailed as you can muster) what's happened, it might just help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s unlikely something you’ve done. It’ll be down to Virgin’s rubbish equipment and customer service. Someone will be along shortly to fob you off. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's check what's happened here then... you've requested to convert from V6 > 360 and have received the new remote?

A couple of days after that arrives, your V6 prompts you on the menu to "upgrade now" which downloads the software, and then completes the conversion to 360.

What's happened in your case? Is your box still running TiVo-software? Check in the top-right of the menu for the "TiVo" logo next to the video preview - if it's there, then it's still working as a V6. If not, it's converted to 360.

When you say "it won't record anything", can you elaborate? Can you set recordings? Do you get an error code/message?

You may well end up calling VM (150 from a landline, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) to get this sorted, but if you could explain (as detailed as you can muster) what's happened, it might just help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

still on TiVo and tells me no hard drive 

thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try using the "Clear & delete everything" option from Help & Settings > Clear or restart. I don't hold out much hope, but it'll force a clear-all of your HDD and reset of your box.

If, as I suspect, this doesn't work...cut your losses and call into faults. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. They may be able to prod it into life, but I suspect it'll be a tech visit. Do it tonight and you've got a chance of that appointment being before next week.