cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 vs 360 box

CityBee
Tuning in

I've had the new 360 boxes (1 main + 2 mini) for a couple of weeks and here are my findings:

360 box

Pros

• Has a slick, fast menu system
  • Great remote control with voicecontrol features (plus links with my ancient sony soundbar!)

Cons

• Only has 4.5 mins pause time
  • Can only rewind live TV for 4.5 mins
  • Reduced recording capacity vs V6 combined boxes (only main box has capacity to record 1Tb)
  • Recordings do not autodelete once the HD is full. You have to manually delete or you will miss your new recordings

I only wish I'd posted something like this before I 'upgraded' as I would have thought twice. Hopefully if someone sees this post before they take the plunge then they can make a more informed decision.

Are there anymore differences/comparisons that you have noticed?

3 REPLIES 3

deans6571
Wise owl

@CityBee wrote:

I've had the new 360 boxes (1 main + 2 mini) for a couple of weeks and here are my findings:

360 box

Pros

• Has a slick, fast menu system
  • Great remote control with voicecontrol features (plus links with my ancient sony soundbar!)

Cons

• Only has 4.5 mins pause time
  • Can only rewind live TV for 4.5 mins
  • Reduced recording capacity vs V6 combined boxes (only main box has capacity to record 1Tb)
  • Recordings do not autodelete once the HD is full. You have to manually delete or you will miss your new recordings

I only wish I'd posted something like this before I 'upgraded' as I would have thought twice. Hopefully if someone sees this post before they take the plunge then they can make a more informed decision.

Are there anymore differences/comparisons that you have noticed?

....to be honest, you really should have done some research before jumping ship to the 360 - there are numerous threads on here both from people who like it and those who don't. I would have advised to read these threads and then make a uniform choice based on everything.

I read all that's going on in here to keep up with the news - for me, at the moment, I'm simply not convinced its the right move just yet......

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

There have been many posts regarding this.

The biggest thread is.........  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/TV-360-A-Step-Backwards/m-p/4444945#M842

Hi, I didn't even know this forum existed until VM themselves tweeted a reply, saying that I should direct any product feedback here. I can't remember upgrading any technology in the past and it then being less able (I appreciate and expected bugs are a way of life with early adoption...)

Was it not reasonable to expect that the standard features would be improved and not regressed?