cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 upgrade to 360 - is it worth it?

MiserableVirgyn
Tuning in

I'm happy with my V6 box and love Tivo interface - it just works.

I've upgraded my package and been told I can upgrade my box to 360, however, I've read on here a lot of people don't like 360 - with features available on Tivo missing on 360 such as:

- program guide incomplete

- no wishlist features

- it records repeats

(I would be interested to know if any of these have been fixed yet)

So I would like to ask those who've upgraded to 360 - is it worth it?  Is it better?

I understand once V6 is upgraded to 360 there is no turning back so it's not something I just want to try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

deans6571
Wise owl

@MiserableVirgyn wrote:

I've upgraded my package and been told I can upgrade my box to 360, however, I've read on here a lot of people don't like 360 - with features available on Tivo missing on 360 such as:

- no wishlist features

- it records repeats

(I would be interested to know if any of these have been fixed yet) - They have not.

So I would like to ask those who've upgraded to 360 - is it worth it? If you 'love' TiVo then I would stick with it.  Is it better? No - its just different - its certainly not an upgrade.

I understand once V6 is upgraded to 360 there is no turning back so it's not something I just want to try. Correct - its a one way trip.

....see above in red!

I would also read this thread :

360 Features v TIVO Features - Virgin Media Community - 4804820

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

deans6571
Wise owl

@MiserableVirgyn wrote:

- no wishlist features

- it records repeats

(I would be interested to know if any of these have been fixed yet) - They have not.

So I would like to ask those who've upgraded to 360 - is it worth it? If you 'love' TiVo then I would stick with it.  Is it better? No - its just different - its certainly not an upgrade.

I understand once V6 is upgraded to 360 there is no turning back so it's not something I just want to try. Correct - its a one way trip.

....see above in red!

I would also read this thread :

360 Features v TIVO Features - Virgin Media Community - 4804820

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is it you've read about "incomplete program guide"?

360 is substantially different to TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 

Recordings being re-recorded has been fixed for some time (in 4.34). It was my biggest issue and am now able to delete once watched without repeats getting recorded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@japitts wrote:

I read that it only has info about programs that will actually be broadcast soon, whereas Tivo has program info for all shows.  So for example, if my favourite show is not being broadcast for a while I could not create a series link ready for when it is broadcast next (like I can on Tivo).  Not sure if that is true but would welcome clarification on this as I've got a list of series-link items I would want to transfer (manually enter - I guess) if I ever do upgrade.

@japitts wrote:

I read "You can't set future recordings, ie those that aren't displayed in the EPG such as the next series of Doctor Who." from https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features/td-p/4804820

Do Tivo and 360 both support recording and playback of UHD (I have UHD 4K equipment)?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you can't transfer series links from TiVo > 360, they're completely different platforms.

360 only allows you to create SL's from programmes that are in the next 14days EPG. TiVo allows an SL creation from any VOD entry, regardless of whether that programme has any broadcast showings.

Edited to add: The TiVo box doesn't support 4K UHD. Both the V6 & 360, do.

icg71
Tuning in

Tv360 is definitely not what i would call an upgrade. Just stick to what you've got. Its so much better than tv360.

Hey MiserableVirgyn,

I have a V6, and after asking questions about this both on here and talking to a Virgin tech' I know, I would stick with what you have. It certainly doesn't look like the 360 is in any way an 'upgrade' as we would think of it.

If your V6 works for you, stick to the old adage:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ... 😊 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus