cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 upgrade issues

davidjill2018
Dialled in

Upgraded V6 to 360

a number of issues, channels not available, recordings incomplete due to “loss of signal” playback of recordings constant pauses or lost sections. Box locks up randomly and menu system tardy on occasion. Spent ages on phone with tech who said upgraded firmware all sorted. 
reset box twice again today no difference ! 
many thoughts ? Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi Davidjill2018, 

Thanks for your update, I am sorry you're still having issues with your 360 box even after an engineer visit. 

I have taken a look at your services on my side and it seems all okay - all your box's specs are balanced and its all in green. 

Could you go over the new issues with me again please just so I'm not missing anything new after the engineer visit please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

@japitts wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to BT.  lol.

Just for the benefit of others in this thread, BT TV is a hybrid of two platforms.

For the basic channels, they are a Freeview-based system. For the add-on & premium channels, BT TV uses the internet and doesn't have the same range of channels as Virgin Media. They may well suit some requirements, but they're not a direct equivalent.

Indeed they're a hybrid.

They definitely suit a lot of requirements and I am glad they aren't an equivalent. 

Hi Megan.

Box appears to have lost all recordings, all scheduled recordings have disappeared. All Apps like BBC Iplayer, My 5, Prime, etc have lost all log on information and need to be reset.

It looks as if the box has done a full reset to factory and wiped HDD. Is this something it can do itself or because of a firmware update or similar ?

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @davidjill2018.

When you upgrade your V6 box with the 360 software, all of the previous settings will be removed along with any logins for apps and recordings. The boxes use different software, so they cannot keep the information from the previous versions of software. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi thanks for response, we are aware of that, this is some 10 days after upgrade, after engineer visit to “ re-install” firmware and play around with incoming signal etc. It’s like box has auto reset on its own. To do it yourself you need to add PIN. I know no one in house has done it as I haven’t told them the PIN number. 
The whole box has become unstable and at times unusable since upgrade. 

Thanks for coming back to us @davidjill2018, the box should not be resetting itself after the upgrade had gone ahead, any new updates after that would be added to the box without a complete reset to the box.

I will need to arrange a technician visit once again to see if they can resolve the issues that you're having and if not they will need to replace the box, I will need you to confirm a few details before we can get this booked in, I will send the private message over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L 

Thanks for confirming your details via a private message @davidjill2018.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks appointment noted.

Kind regards

Thanks @davidjill2018 and please let me know how the visit goes, if you get a chance to do so.

Regards,

Steven_L