cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 upgrade issues

davidjill2018
Dialled in

Upgraded V6 to 360

a number of issues, channels not available, recordings incomplete due to “loss of signal” playback of recordings constant pauses or lost sections. Box locks up randomly and menu system tardy on occasion. Spent ages on phone with tech who said upgraded firmware all sorted. 
reset box twice again today no difference ! 
many thoughts ? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davidjill2018 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry you're having issues with your TV 360 service.  I have had a remote look and I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Richw1982
Rising star

When you say reset, do you mean HOME > Settings > System > Factory Reset > Format Disk?  If not, give this a try

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Simple power reset then a full factory reset still no better. Looks like HDD access or write issues ? 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davidjill2018 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry you're having issues with your TV 360 service.  I have had a remote look and I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

HI @davidjill2018

Have you been able to check your appointment and is it convenient?

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee 

engineer visited and went through loads of stuff adding power splitter then attenuation. Incoming signal didn’t look great. Download firmware and rebooted. All seemed okay at the time. Two days ago all recordings and scheduled recordings disappeared. All accounts for bbc iplayer, 5 and prime etc all require log on details again. Where do we go from here ? 
thanks 

David 

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Where do we go from here ? thanks "

I went to BT.  lol.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi David,

Sorry to hear of your continuing problems.

My 360 boxes (ex V6's) were both updated to the new 4.33  yesterday. They were previously on 4.31.

After the update I had to log into Prime, ITV Hub, BBC Sounds and You Tube again. My recordings and scheduled recordings were still there.

Anytime I factory reset my 360's I find I  have to log into most apps again.  (I'd been doing the reset to try and force the software update)

When I do that there are 2 options. Selecting the first one keeps recordings. 

You say the engineer downloaded the firmware (software) and rebooted. Did you check, or did he show you that the recordings and scheduled recordings were still there before he left?

It's possible the engineer performed a full factory reset by selecting the second option which formats the hard disk which would have deleted your recordings, scheduled recordings and all app logins.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave 

thanks for the response. No all recordings were there and continued to be there for about 3 days after visit. It’s as if somehow it’s done a full reset. I haven’t and I know my partner wouldn’t have a clue how too ! Prior to this the V6 was as good as gold ! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to BT.  lol.

Just for the benefit of others in this thread, BT TV is a hybrid of two platforms.

For the basic channels, they are a Freeview-based system. For the add-on & premium channels, BT TV uses the internet and doesn't have the same range of channels as Virgin Media. They may well suit some requirements, but they're not a direct equivalent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks