cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to V6-360

vengeanceuk
Dialled in

Hi, i have recently renewed my contract (saving a fortune in the process), with it came a "free" upgrade from v6 to v360 via a remote delivery and an over the air software update.

I received the pack and commenced setup, following all the guidelines.

The OTA kept failing giving an error message of "M1A/4/30", so i rebooted ALL the equipment, AGAIN and upon trying to apply the update it informed me that the initial update had failed and had to come back later.

I figured at a reach, seeing as the update deletes everything stored on the box, i'd go into the menus and perform a manual full reset and reboot of the tivo, Lo and behold, the update actually started to kick in, it upgraded itself and now works fine.

The issue is however with the upstairs v6 box, i tried to follow the instructions and start the update OTA on that box also. I was greeted with another error message broadly stating that another box on my network had already started the update, so this box couldnt receive the OTA update.

So, being "clever" i figured, maybe if i do the manual reset trick on this box, it will also work.

HOW WRONG WAS I!!!

The box now looks like its doing the reset, even showing the download icon for the software, until it gets to the page where it says its deleting all the existing programs and may take a few minutes. All is looking good, right? Well that splash screen stays up for about 5 seconds then the whole v6 box shuts down and restarts the whole procedure again!

So i swap the upstairs and downstairs tivos, just to make sure its not a cabling issue, the lounge one, works fine in the bedroom and the bedroom one is doing exactly the same in the lounge.

So i assume this v6 box is bricked / stuck in reboot "reset" procedure and requires replacing.

Any help appreciated

I DON'T work for Virgin Media - All opinions I post here are my own based on best guess and learning from previous experience methodology. If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos' +☆ If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer'
11 REPLIES 11

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vengeanceuk,

Thanks for your update on this - sorry to hear things still aren't working. I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into getting this resolved.

You can find my PM in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi @Reece_MH,
message, seen and replied to

I DON'T work for Virgin Media - All opinions I post here are my own based on best guess and learning from previous experience methodology. If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos' +☆ If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer'