cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to 360

benson2266
Tuning in

On Friday I had an engineer deliver 2 X 360 remotes and 1 X 360 mini box. I was due to upgrade my v6 to 360 and my broadband from 600 to 1 gig. Unfortunately due to Thursday's outage nothing could be upgraded during the visit as the signal to my router and V6 couldn't be sent with the outage being the cause .

Today my V6 had all TV,apps and recordings working fine until around 5pm my router restarted & on checking the router page the 1gig upgrade had taken place. I opened home on the V6 box and noticed all apps, OD ,EPG info etc was no longer working there's also a ! Code M63. 

I've done settings-network-connect followed by a power cycle but the error remains. Around 8pm the status for my area having TV issues was marked as fixed so again did the above but I still have the loss of the previously mentioned parts of the service.

They tried to upgrade this box back in October but the "pinged upgrade" failed over the course of a week so I cancelled the upgrade but was talked into upgrading to volt last week and now I seem in the same boat again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They've advised that the box needs to be replaced. As someone with a disability who is shielding I request a self install kit they've said that this isn't available no Matter what my circumstances may be and only an engineer can issue new TV boxes. The stress this is causing on top of my poor health when it could all be resolved by just mailing me a box and it would free up an engineer . Poor customer service and lack of empathy.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

M63 is a TiVo-platform account-related error, I wouldn't bet against there being a mismatch between your account & boxes, as to which platform (TiVo or 360) they're running on.

Any changes to your package are completely separate & independent of a TiVo > 360 conversion, although they are often done at the same time. In the same vein, package changes come with 14-day cooling-off - the same is not true of 360 conversions which are irreversible & one-way.

The quickest way to resolve this will be to call in when C/S reopen on Sunday. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

If you get no joy with calling in, then post back and there may be alternative means. But try that first, it should be quicker than anything expedited via this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's possible if you click on this link and follow the instructions that the system may be able to update the box.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/M63 

Although I'm sceptical that it will work following your previous upgrade problems but it's certainly worth trying.

If it fails 2nd level CS may be able to update the systems as it looks like the VM systems haven't got the correect info for your box (possibly an incorrect serial number) If they can't it will require an engineer visit and box swap.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So after 2hrs 30mins the outcome of the conversation is that due to the outage on Thursday my TV box still struggling to receive the "signal" to update the software to 360. The CS agent advised there's as many a 500,000 devices caught in a backlog awaiting their activation or upgrade on the system. Waffle or facts I've no idea, I also am past the point of caring but until my box is activated my monthly bill is at a higher rate so hopefully it'll be fix soon.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Benson2266, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your 360 box conversion. 

I can see you have spoken to our team since your post, has this gotten you closer to the conversion?

Zoie

They've advised that the box needs to be replaced. As someone with a disability who is shielding I request a self install kit they've said that this isn't available no Matter what my circumstances may be and only an engineer can issue new TV boxes. The stress this is causing on top of my poor health when it could all be resolved by just mailing me a box and it would free up an engineer . Poor customer service and lack of empathy.

Quick update.

I had another phone call this morning from a technician who is shielding but previously used to be a "field worker". He ran a few Tests and had my equipment up and running within 15mins. While I'm extremely grateful to this CS agent I must say after 6 weeks if incompetence, lies, dropped calls , incorrect billing , promises not met I'm glad the whole thing is now over .

20yrs I've been a customer and rarely have I had issues in that time do maybe I've just been unfortunate.

Hi @benson2266

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about the issues experienced and i'm glad to hear your equipment is back up and running now.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs