cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to 360 woes

sando
Joining in

Hi, changed my package last week including the upgrade from V6 to 360. Like many others the upgrade failed, after contacting Virgin agents who tell me they have passed me on to technicians. I've done all the rituals like un plugging for five minutes, resetting, pressing 2 buttons all to no avail, it still comes up with 'upgrade failed' contact support. Are there any other options out there.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a moot point for yourself, but for the benefit of others reading this thread - a package change is just that, a change of billing bundle which is available on your existing equipment. A choice to convert your TV box from TiVo/V6 > TV360 is a separate concept and is not part of a package change. Many VM sales agents will encourage the two to be done at the same time, but they need not be if you don't want to.

You can change your package whilst keeping your existing TV box, just as you can convert to TV360 without changing your package.

As far as help with the error code goes, the MA1 range is generally an account error where one of the box SW or account-provisioning hasn't followed you from TiVo-platform to Horizon-platform. VM usually need to intervene to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your package change has nothing whatsoever to do with your choice to convert to TV360, except for the fact that you've done both things at the same time.

That said, it's done now so... what's the error code you're getting?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, thanks for responding. The upgrade to 360 from V6 is part of the new package . Just added that for information,

The error code is MA1/15/40  I hope that might mean something, very glad of your help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a moot point for yourself, but for the benefit of others reading this thread - a package change is just that, a change of billing bundle which is available on your existing equipment. A choice to convert your TV box from TiVo/V6 > TV360 is a separate concept and is not part of a package change. Many VM sales agents will encourage the two to be done at the same time, but they need not be if you don't want to.

You can change your package whilst keeping your existing TV box, just as you can convert to TV360 without changing your package.

As far as help with the error code goes, the MA1 range is generally an account error where one of the box SW or account-provisioning hasn't followed you from TiVo-platform to Horizon-platform. VM usually need to intervene to resolve this.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sando, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 
I am sorry you are having an issue with the change from v6 to 360. 

I can see on our systems you still have the v6 and it is unreachable, can you give me more info are you still getting an error?
Have you spoken to our team in regards to this?

Zoie

Hi Zoie, thank you for the reply.  When I try the upgrade it still shows as upgrade failed with the error code MA1/15/50.

When I log in to Virgin Media and go into my account, the page is greyed out with little information added. The telephone number is wrong and it won't allow me to change it. There seems to be an account problem as well.

Thank you for inquiring. At 84 years old it all becomes very intimidating.

John

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response sando,

Just so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM sando,

The appointment has now been booked in to get this sorted, if you do require to change the timeslot then you can via MyVM.

Pop back up if you require further assistance.

Take care,

Kain