cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to 360 upgrade

Steve7555
On our wavelength

Upgraded my tivo box to 360 how can I tell if its been upgraded, I didn't get any of the onscreen instructions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve7555
On our wavelength

Problem solved got up this morning to see a picture of a wire and remote on the TV screen I followed the instructions and ha presto all up and running thanks for you help

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I presume you mean you've converted a V6 into 360.. a TiVo needs a physical change of box... pictures here 

You should first receive your new remote within a few days, and then shortly the "Upgrade to TV360" icon appears in your V6 menu. Selecting that app will trigger the reformat of your box into a TV360.

TiVo-software has the TiVo-logo in the top-right corner next to the video preview, TV360 doesn't.

upgrade v6.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steve7555
On our wavelength

Managed to get to upgrade but got so far then error code came up and I can't go any further the code is ma1/4/40

I think this error means your account is still setup for TiVo.

You will need to call Virgin, 150 from a Virgin phone (landline or mobile), or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Some people have got round this by unplugging the box for 5 minutes and then trying again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Were you converting from a V6, or having a TiVo swapped out?

Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steve7555
On our wavelength

Problem solved got up this morning to see a picture of a wire and remote on the TV screen I followed the instructions and ha presto all up and running thanks for you help