cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to 360 conversation question

madacj
On our wavelength

We have 2 V6 boxes, is it true that if they are converted to 360 we will only be able to record on to one of the V6 boxes and the hard drive in the other will be disabled?

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @madacj 

You will be able to convert both boxes to 360 and retain the recording function on both hard drives.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per the answer already given, this is where V6 conversions do mitigate for one of the shortcomings in the 360 platform.

New installs only get one hard drive and then additional minis.

V6 conversions retain their hard drives, any subsequent additions will be minis - upto limit of 3 x 360 per home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

madacj
On our wavelength

@newapollo hmm this is confusing customer services said instead of having 2tb in total on the two separate boxes, you will only get 1tb that is shared/ split over both boxes 

roy247
Community elder

You should get the 360 software downloaded to your V6 boxes so you will keep the recording facility on both boxes and will be sent new 360 remotes , if you have the boxes replaced or a new install you would get a 360 main box with hard drive and a mini without a hard drive.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I upgraded my two V6 boxes with the 360 firmware and retained the full recording ability on both hard drives. Customer Service where wrong when you spoke to them

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@madacj wrote:

@newapollo hmm this is confusing customer services said instead of having 2tb in total on the two separate boxes, you will only get 1tb that is shared/ split over both boxes 

Offshore C/S by any chance?....

They were wrong, in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

madacj
On our wavelength

website live chat customer services 

fergiet
Superfast
Stay with V6. 360 while looking better (perhaps) lacks some of the V6 best bits. Just dont't rush in and regret it later.