cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 stuttering on playback of recordings

Masq
Tuning in
I have only been with Virgin for a month now and have been suffering from the following problem:

If anyone can assist or has any views then I would appreciate input.

If this is a hardware issue then I would request that VM looks to replace the box ASAP as the issue has been for a lengthy amount of time and I am disappointed with the new customer experience. 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's fine - the 360 & V6 are identical hardware, but completely different software so it's best to check. I've moved your post to the 360 board. I'll @Masq  to make sure you pick this up.

Sometimes C/S agents are discouraged from booking engineer callouts where they believe the reported fault could be linked to the existing issue - this is quite right. In your case, the process is clearly going wrong. I've escalated this post to VM staff to pick up for you, hopefully you should get a response sometime today.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've only been with Virgin for a month, you're likely to have a 360 and not a V6 - can you check here ?

Your post has some slightly "wonky" formatting, so I'll ask to be clear... are you saying that live TV viewing is ok, but that all recorded and paused/delayed TV is pixellating & breaking up?

That is symptomatic of HDD issues if so, and ordinarily the quickest way to report this would be to call in. Are you also saying that you've done this, and the issue keeps being blamed on a network issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your reply, I have checked and whilst the boxes look identical to my eyes, I have the remote control from the 360. 

Live TV viewing is fine. If I pause it and walk away for 10 minutes and come back to play, the picture and sound will freeze for up to 20 seconds or so before resuming. It is not pixelated but just frozen. When the program resumes, it freezes up again a few seconds / minutes later. 

One other issue I have noticed is when I forward through a recording, the playback gets to a certain point and cannot go forward any further and I am stuck in a continuous loop watching the same minute of footage. 

Every time I call in or contact Virgin via the online chat I am informed there is an outage in my area and they are unable to replace the box while an outage is ongoing. Two days ago I was told an outage in my area will be fixed by 3pm. The problem persisted after (same as every other time I have waited for the outage to be resolved). Today I am told an outage in my area which will be fixed by 3pm. 

I keep being told the same thing and it's really starting to feel like an excuse when the consensus appears to be a faulty piece of hardware which Virgin is unwilling to replace.. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's fine - the 360 & V6 are identical hardware, but completely different software so it's best to check. I've moved your post to the 360 board. I'll @Masq  to make sure you pick this up.

Sometimes C/S agents are discouraged from booking engineer callouts where they believe the reported fault could be linked to the existing issue - this is quite right. In your case, the process is clearly going wrong. I've escalated this post to VM staff to pick up for you, hopefully you should get a response sometime today.

Thank you for your help. I feel like I have been stuck in this endless loop with support being constantly told about outages and there is nothing they can do when it seems it may be an issue with the hardware itself.

Hello Masq

Sorry to hear of the set top box issues and the problems viewing content, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As japitts has advised this does appear to be an issue with the HDD of the set top box, the issue we have is there is currently an area problem which would result in any appointments being raised being automatically cancelled. This is an automated process and not controlled by ourselves.

The outage has an estimated fix time of 3pm today (21/7) so if it has cleared we could then get this raised for someone to come out and swap the faulty HDD or ox for you.

I will update you on this later.

Rob

Thank you Robert, please let me know the next steps for getting this resolved. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to check the loss-of-service issue is cleared, can you call 0800 5610061 (this is the local status info line) and confirm there's nothing reported awry in your area? If the issue is still open, it should be listed on here.

Since I originally escalated this one, I'll give it a gentle nudge... @ModTeam 

I have called the number and there are no service issues affecting TV according to the message. 

Hi Robert, 

I have sent you a PM regarding this. Please let me know the next steps for resolving this.