cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box

liz30538
Superfast

My V6 box was recently upgraded to TV360. I phoned VM and asked to be returned to the V6 Yesterday one of the customer advisors said she had switched back to the V6 and the old remote would now workIt doesn’t I cannot get the box to switch on either with the old or the new remote Everything is connected 

There has been an outage since 6 August in my area We now have broadband back but have not had tv for 2 days

when I phone I keep being told it’s because of the outage in my area but how can I have broadband and the V6 box isn’t working Tried to run a test on my virgin media but the page is down Tried to pair the old remote but that isn’t working either.

This is all because a customer service agent in July didn’t tell me that I could have kept the V6 with my new contract So I have lost all my recordings 

VM are a joke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's going to - unfortunately - be a lot of cold comfort in my reply.

Without having heard your conversation with the agent back in July, it's hard to comment in detail, but migrations to 360 have always been, and remain, entirely voluntary. So it's unfortunate that you were left thinking otherwise. It's also completely normal to lose your recordings in any box-swap and V6 > 360 conversion, you should have been warned of this. You probably have cause for complaint here, but I don't think it'll alter the situation - and there's a popular phrase involving stable doors that would be apt.

Let's then cover your requested return to the V6. Sorry to say, that a migration from the TiVo-software (which drives the TiVo & V6 boxes) to Horizon/360-software is very much a one-way street and not one that can be undone. A couple of people on here claim to have managed it, but not without a LOT of persistence and some serious time & effort. For all intents, once you've moved to 360 you're on 360.

Which then brings us to where you are now - let's take it as read that you're on 360, and just need to get over the hurdle of your box not working. What happens on your TV screen if you try booting the 360 up on the mains? Do you get the startup loop, or any of the "Welcome" & "starting up" screens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's going to - unfortunately - be a lot of cold comfort in my reply.

Without having heard your conversation with the agent back in July, it's hard to comment in detail, but migrations to 360 have always been, and remain, entirely voluntary. So it's unfortunate that you were left thinking otherwise. It's also completely normal to lose your recordings in any box-swap and V6 > 360 conversion, you should have been warned of this. You probably have cause for complaint here, but I don't think it'll alter the situation - and there's a popular phrase involving stable doors that would be apt.

Let's then cover your requested return to the V6. Sorry to say, that a migration from the TiVo-software (which drives the TiVo & V6 boxes) to Horizon/360-software is very much a one-way street and not one that can be undone. A couple of people on here claim to have managed it, but not without a LOT of persistence and some serious time & effort. For all intents, once you've moved to 360 you're on 360.

Which then brings us to where you are now - let's take it as read that you're on 360, and just need to get over the hurdle of your box not working. What happens on your TV screen if you try booting the 360 up on the mains? Do you get the startup loop, or any of the "Welcome" & "starting up" screens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

There are no lights on the v6 box no red or white light and I can’t get them to come on When I turn on the tv I get a message say’do you want to turn on the set top box’ but nothing happens

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"There are no lights on the v6 box no red or white light and I can’t get them to come on" - I'll go with the obvious question... Is the box plugged in to the mains, and powered on? If you toggle the power switch on the back off/on, what happens?

Can you take a picture of that message and post it here? I use a V6 not a 360, but I've never heard of that sort of message and it doesn't sound like a 360 function to me.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@liz30538 wrote:
When I turn on the tv I get a message say’do you want to turn on the set top box’ but nothing happens

On my LG TV if I turn off the 360 I get the message, "Do you want to turn on your set top box. If it's already turned on please check that the cable is connected properly" However the 360 does show a red light when I've turned it off with the 360 remote.

Have you tried removing the batteries from the 360 remote for a minute or two?.

Or press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds on the 360 remote which will factory reset the TV 360 remote, then hopefully it may start working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

You were right about not being able to go back when you have upgraded to the TV360 This morning there were still no lights on the box I turned on the switch at the back of the box and an orange light came on After about 5 minutes it changed to red and I was able to switch it on with the TV360 remote I phoned VM and at last I spoke with someone with some sense He also said what did about not be able to go back He’s booked an engineer to come and install a new V6 box, and hopefully that will sort it

Hi I’ve tried all that I hope I’ve got the solution now I’ve posted what’s going to happen Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This may just be a terminology thing but probably worth mentioning...

@liz30538 wrote:

I phoned VM and at last I spoke with someone with some sense He also said what did about not be able to go back He’s booked an engineer to come and install a new V6 box, and hopefully that will sort it

If the tech installs a new box, it'll be a 360, not a V6.

God I hope not I was told this morning it would be a V6 box and he would pair the V6 remote with it Thanks for the heads up I will definitely check with him before he does anything