cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box with virgin 360 problems

lukutu
Joining in

Over the past few days, my v6 box with virgin 360 keeps powering itself off over and over again. When this happens the power light on the box flashes for about 1 minute. If I turn the box back on it happens again within 5 minutes. I've tried power cycling the box to no avail.

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

If you have 2 360 boxes you could try swapping them around to prove if it's the box or power supply, but does sound like a call Virgin is required, 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lukutu wrote:

Over the past few days, my v6 box with virgin 360 keeps powering itself off over and over again. When this happens the power light on the box flashes for about 1 minute. If I turn the box back on it happens again within 5 minutes. I've tried power cycling the box to no avail.

Just by means of a little bit of advice, there's no such thing as a "V6 box with 360" - when you converted your STB into a 360, it stopped being a V6.

Otherwise I agree with roy - a box that's rebooting clearly has a fault, so that's either the power supply or the box itself. Try swapping your 2 x 360's around and check if the fault follows the box or remains with the power-supply. Almost certainly the box, but it's worth a shot.

Then either call into report the problem (150 from VM or 0345 4541111 from another phone) or wait on here for the forum staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @lukutu

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing this issue and a big thank you to @japitts and @roy247 for their help on this so far. 

Have you been able to switch the boxes as they have suggested? 

Thank you.