cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box with new 360 remote. Now nothing works

twiggs396
Joining in

Hi

I have just upgraded my contract with vm and they have sent me a new 360 remote for my v6 box. I have been away a few days and the new remote has been delivered and the software update has done itself.

It just asks that I pair the remote now but it won't work. Neither remote now works and I am stuck on the remote pair screen. 

I called the vm call center but after 30 mins of not alot of help they said they will send a new remote, but I am unsure this will help.

Any advise?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@twiggs396 wrote:

Hi

I have just upgraded my contract with vm and they have sent me a new 360 remote for my v6 box. I have been away a few days and the new remote has been delivered and the software update has done itself.

It just asks that I pair the remote now but it won't work. Neither remote now works and I am stuck on the remote pair screen. 

Hi @twiggs396 

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by placing new batteries into the 360 remote,  even though it's a new remote.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote?

Removing the batteries for 5 minutes may force the remote to reset so it can be programmed with the box.

The following should work  if removing the batteries fails. Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

You could also try the following:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi.

Thanks

For the reply. Nothing seemed to work. This is what I got.

Swapped the batteries.

Left them out for 5 minutes.

I did the remote control reset and got fast blinking white lights on the remote to signify its done. I guess

When I try to pair I get a slow white blinking on the remote and then a fast red light after about a minute.

Forcing a pairing by holding the standby button on the v6 just seemed to put it into standby and then have to turn it on again manually. I am then back to the pairing screen.

Vm have said they will send a new remote but I am not confident this will help.

Thanks

Jon

Hi twiggs396,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your remote. 

Please do let us know if the new remote is able to resolve this issue. 

^Martin