cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck on welcome screen after updating

Indafunkyhouse
Tuning in

Hi

Anyone know how to resolve this? Appears they updated the software today. Box upstairs updated fine the one downstairs is stuck in the welcome screen abs I have an orange light on the box. Remote doesn’t do anything, turning the box off and on has no effect. I’ve called virgin abs got through to overseas who just waffled about Netflix and then decided she couldn’t help me and ended the call

Is there a way to force the box to update again like you could on the older boxes?

Thanks in advance 

Jon 

20 REPLIES 20

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi,

You could try a full reset of the box:

Home > Help and Settings > Clear or Reset the TiVo box > Clear & Delete Everything.

Note: This will remove any series links and recordings.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Hiya

i can’t get to that screen. The remote does nothing the box is stuck on the welcome screen 😞

Ahh,

Have you tried a pin reset: (button at the back of the V6 at the bottom)

Use something like a pin or pen, hold the reset button down for 30 seconds, then release, and let the V6 reboot?

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any box that won't bootup or is stuck in the boot cycle has a fault. It'll need VM to intervene, the quickest way to do this is to call and report the fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

If you can't, staff will respond on here - but that'll take a couple of days or so. If you do call back and genuinely get nowhere, post back and there's other ways & means.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve called a couple of times and just get no help at all with it. 

I will see if there is the rest pin thing mentioned above of not then as I’m out of contract I’ll see about moving to another provider as quite honestly their customer service is the pits

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just be aware that you'll need to call in to give your cancellation notice anyway, so that's not going to save you calling in.

I'll escalate this post so that the VM staff on this board will pick it up sooner than they would otherwise - that should get you a response sometime tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for doing that

Slight update box is on a flashing orange light then welcome screen and then red flashing light and switch off and back on again loop. Seems to be trying to do something but who knows what!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Indafunkyhouse,

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your v6, I will pop you over a PM and we can get some details and get a tech round to take a look.

Zoie

Indafunkyhouse  &  MJJ279 

Just curious here, but I'm assuming you are talking about an update of your V6 box (presumably to 360)

If so, did either of you 'ask' to be upgraded?

(though given the number of issues re 360 'upgrade' hardly seems appropriate)

😲

Steve

Utrinque Paratus