cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box running 360 software but planned shows not always listed

Brian1976
Joining in

If I select view all recorded and change it to planned it lists them.

if I try and delete watched shows it says sorry unable to do this but if I use the app instead the shows are not listed.

i have powered off the box and removed the power cable for 10 minutes but this has not resolved it

i suspect the box is faulty….

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

@Brian1976 wrote:

if I try and delete watched shows it says sorry unable to do this but if I use the app instead the shows are not listed.

i have powered off the box and removed the power cable for 10 minutes but this has not resolved it

This seems to be an issue that has been triggered by an update that was pushed out last night. Virgin are aware of this & are working on the issue. The app listing is most likely the “true” version of what is on your hard disk.

So is this version 4.45 or a supplementary update.

This is what we are trying to ascertain. Several of the other VIPs reported their boxes ran an update last night, but are still showing the same version 4.45 on their boxes. All of them are having the same issues.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Brian1976 wrote:

This seems to be an issue that has been triggered by an update that was pushed out last night. Virgin are aware of this & are working on the issue. The app listing is most likely the “true” version of what is on your hard disk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Community elder

@nodrogd wrote:

@Brian1976 wrote:

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

@Brian1976 wrote:

This is what we are trying to ascertain. Several of the other VIPs reported their boxes ran an update last night, but are still showing the same version 4.45 on their boxes. All of them are having the same issues.

roy247
Community elder

‌‌@nodrogd wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

@Brian1976 wrote:

Why not just post a sticky at the top to stop people posting, not that many people read them. 😑

Thanks for your reply .

My box reports version as 4.43 and the fault has been there for a couple of days.

Should I report this to see if Virgin can send the software update or just wait?

I switched off the virgin box using the rocker switch on the back of the box and then held the + and - buttons while turning it back on. This forced a download. It is still on version 4.43 but it appears to be working correctly now

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Brian1976 

This appears fixed for me overnight with no further action from me.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Brian1976,

I'm glad the matter is sorted for you, do let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Kain

The problem is recurring!

no idea what to try next…