cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box but 360 remote

Doughty_2018
Tuning in

We have just rejoined Virgin Media but I'm regretting it already.

I was told my told tivi V6 box would be updated to the 360. After weeks of waiting we have received our remote but I'm loosing the will. I have been told the V6 software has been updated to the 360 but I just can't see how this is the case because its not compatible with the new remote. I have paired the new remote with the box, it won't pair to my TV. I can access TV guide but not on demand, catch up or any other apps or functions. I have to use the old remote as the box asked for buttons to be pressed that the 360 doesnt have such as thumbs down. I have contacted virgin media and run test and they are saying the box is offline but it's not. The light on the front is white I can access TV guide but nothing else. Virgin media agreed to send out a technician but I have heard nothing, no one has called or contacted me and now they are closed I can't contact them so I have waited in all day for nothing. Literally the last straw before I pack this equipment back up and send it back and just not bother.

Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Doughty_2018 wrote:

I have tried to attach an image not sure if it's worked.

No it hasn't... when you attach an image it will show in your post with the "we're checking it" holding graphic - which disappears when it's manually approved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let's check some basics first, the rest does follow...

@Doughty_2018 wrote:

We have just rejoined Virgin Media but I'm regretting it already.

I was told my told tivi V6 box would be updated to the 360

If you're a new customer to VM (regardless of past history), then you will have a new 360 install, that's a non-negotiable unless you're TV-only in which case you get a TiVo. Yes, a V6 is the same hardware as a 360, but the software is completely different - and while existing V6 customers can choose to software-convert to 360, new customers don't get a choice. So I'm unsure what relevance your old equipment has, you should have had new kit supplied.

You've alluded to V6 functions such as thumbs-down - that is indeed a TiVo/V6 software function. 360 is not TiVo, it's completely different software with some substantial differences. Thumbs-up is one of those, among several others.

It sounds like your other issues are just the remote control pairing and also what sounds to me like a non-working internet connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks so much for your response.

Well I left VM and we disconnected completely cutting off all Internet and TV and phone. After 10 days I responded to there messaged and we came to a deal which included them upgrading my box. At this point i didn't realise they didn't give you a new box until after 2 weeks of waiting for it I rang them asking where is was. They said the software to my old box which I hadn't yet sent back would be updated and they would send a remote out which I received today. So I have reconnected everything. My Internet works fine and the box is on working as I can connect to the TV guide I just can't access any functions. Software is very much the same so the update they promised hasn't been done. All leads are connected correctly. Online test day my box is offline or in standby mode which it isn't. I get error code A01 when trying to access Netflix via the channel as I can't get to the app options. On demand and catch up give me error code V210 and tells me to try back later.

Luckily I have a Roku stick but it's not the point this has dragged on for 2 weeks. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So to clarify, you were disconnected but before the V6 was sent back, it was reinstated. Was 360 part of the deal? If the V6 wasn't disconnected, I don't see why it couldn't continue life as a V6 if you wanted it to. If you were disconnected, then that's game-over as far as TiVo/V6 software is concerned.

The error codes you've mentioned are TiVo software related, so I suspect your account is setup for 360, but the software hasn't been pushed to the STB. From the sounds of it, you've been dealing with VM-CS already? Forum staff should certainly respond here in due course.

Yea that's correct we disconnected and when all was re instated we were told to use our current boxes and they would send out new ones. I have had this box and remote for years so you can't even read the remote the did gets have rubbed off. They agreed to upgrade to 360 as a good will gesture. 

After 2 weeks of receiving nothing I finally rang up and got passed from pillar to post till I was told the software has been updated (but its not) and a remote would be sent out (which it has) but obviously its of no use as its not compatible.

Thanks for you help. What you say makes sense. Just hand to get anyone at VM to help. 

Thanks

Richw1982
Rising star

You should be able to use the old remote to go to HOME > APPS AND GAMES > ALL APPS.  There should me a TV 360 tile in there, click on this and follow the onscreen prompts.  Hope this helps

Rich

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Hi thanks for your response

Unfortunately I can't even get that far. 

If I select all apps it makes the sound that I'm selecting it but the screen remains the same. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Doughty_2018 wrote:

No it hasn't... when you attach an image it will show in your post with the "we're checking it" holding graphic - which disappears when it's manually approved.

Can you watch liv tv on it?  If you can i would wait for forum team to book a tech.  There is a risky way that sometimes works but also sometimes bricks the box.  Turn the box off press and hold - and standby while turning box on.  when welcome screen shows release buttons.  This usually forces a download but if there is an issue it can stop the box working completly

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Yea I can watch live TV and get the TV guide but on demand and catch up show error code. 

Il see if virgin get back to me.