cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Upgrade to 360

andypandyuk
Tuning in

I have had this upgrade for about 3 months and my tv box keeps having black screen moments where it flashes off then back on, i think i need a new replacement tv box as i ave reset, changed cables and it has not made any difference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @andypandyuk 

This generally happens on netflix due to a difference in frame rates, but can affect any channel or app depending on the format of the program.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @andypandyuk 

This generally happens on netflix due to a difference in frame rates, but can affect any channel or app depending on the format of the program.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey andypandyuk, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some TV issues.

Please can I just check if the advice given has helped or not? 

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, 

Sadly not, it is still going blank, it has only done this since upgrading to the 360 software.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply andypandyuk. 

Can you please test a different HDMi cable with the service just to rule this out as being the cause of the issue?

Thanks, 

Nat

we have tried 3 different hdmi cables

Hi andypandyuk,

Thanks for advising you have tried different HDMI cables, have you also tried a different port on the TV ?

Regards

Paul.

Rufus57
Up to speed

I have had this problem too. Intermittent and brief black screen on any channel. Sometimes three or four times in an hour. Then it disappears for months and I forget about it until it reappear. Last time was about four weeks ago. I was on the verge of changing the HDMI cable but actually just briefly took out and put back the batteries into the remote which I had read as one solution on the internet for intermittent black screens on Sony Bravia tvs (my model). It sounds daft but it worked. Or at least it did 4 weeks ago. 

Changed all cables and bought new ones too, this is software or hardware on the box I am sure

If you are getting black screens day in day out I agree. You need an engineer call out I think. With me it is so intermittent I think it is some type of conflict going on which I can't fathom. The advice to switch off match frame rate had no affect.