cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Upgrade to 360

priley87
Joining in

Hello,

I currently have 3 x V6 boxes, can all my three boxes be upgraded to the new 360 software? 

Many Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can migrate 3 x V6 to the 360 platform.

In the last it has needed a tech visit to migrate more than 2 boxes, I've not seen anything to suggest that's changed.

The TiVo platform can support up to 4 boxes (3xV6 plus 1 TiVo) in one home, 360 maxes out at 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can migrate 3 x V6 to the 360 platform.

In the last it has needed a tech visit to migrate more than 2 boxes, I've not seen anything to suggest that's changed.

The TiVo platform can support up to 4 boxes (3xV6 plus 1 TiVo) in one home, 360 maxes out at 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you very much for that information, the retention team informed me that this was possible but the complaints team from chief exec's office said you could only update one V6 box and then you would have to have mini boxes installed. 

Quite frankly it been hard work during the past few days, staff at Virgin Media really lack tecnicial information. I know a lot of staff are working from home but surely they have other departments they can turn too for advice rather than guessing, also they are shocking at returning telephone calls that they promise to make to their customers. 

I think some VM staff are still going off the initial 360 launch info, you have 1 main box with hard drive and 1 mini without hard drive and you can add another mini.

If you're not careful they will make it sound like the mini is completely wireless which we know it's not.

If you are happy with 3 working V6 boxes I would seriously consider why you want to upgrade to 360.

Make a list of what you like on V6 / Tivo and then compare to what is available on 360 / Horizon, check the forum and then remember if you change to 360 you can't just go back.

Not saying it's all negative but you will definitely see differences at first that you won't like.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@priley87 wrote:

Thank you very much for that information, the retention team informed me that this was possible but the complaints team from chief exec's office said you could only update one V6 box and then you would have to have mini boxes installed. 

For a new install you can only have one master box and all additionals are minis. For conversions from V6, that isn't true.

I would completely echo what roy has said about making sure. The two platforms are different, and whilst I have no wish to start another TiVo/V6 vs 360 thread of which there's already been plenty...

Some of the current shortcomings with the 360 in terms of the mini-box are mitigated somewhat, by converting existing V6. But please decide to convert on an informed basis, because it's a one-way trip that can't be reversed if you find particular functionality missing.