cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Upgrade to 360 question

chaotic_uk
On our wavelength

had a rep call me to change my package just over 2 weeks ago , how long does the 360 upgrade option to show up please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've got 2 separate things going on here.

Firstly a package change is entirely separate from a voluntary conversion from V6 > 360, does your new contract show up in myVM online account?

Secondly, if you've also chosen to convert from V6 > 360, you will firstly receive the voice-activated remote and then a few days later the "upgrade now" icon will appear in your V6 menu which enables you to convert the software.

You may well have changed your package without ordering a software conversion, which is just as possible as ordering a software conversion without changing package. The two transactions are separate and distinct, although often done at the same time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've got 2 separate things going on here.

Firstly a package change is entirely separate from a voluntary conversion from V6 > 360, does your new contract show up in myVM online account?

Secondly, if you've also chosen to convert from V6 > 360, you will firstly receive the voice-activated remote and then a few days later the "upgrade now" icon will appear in your V6 menu which enables you to convert the software.

You may well have changed your package without ordering a software conversion, which is just as possible as ordering a software conversion without changing package. The two transactions are separate and distinct, although often done at the same time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i have the the remote for the 360 as it was left by the engineer which came , he said the update would be automatic in a few days .

as for the my vm it seems to be messed up as it only shows my broadband , but it shows all 3 services in my new contract

I am having a similar issue except my remotes were sent by courier and arrived several days ago as I am just upgrading the software on my V6 box.  I did call Virgin Media today about and first line person couldn't help after 15 min and the second line person I spoke to for about 15 min just said it should be working by tomorrow automatically without me having to start any upgrade process on the tv or click anything but if not just to call back. 

it has been 14 days since the package was changed , no update as of today so i may give them a call

i rang vm cs and they could not grasp what i was asking , from their replies i will not be getting a v6 upgrade to tv 360 . on their system they still have me down for my old setup (v6 only tv wise) . yet on my new contract it does say 360 upgrade at the bottom along side the free upgrade to 360 part , all 3 times i rang virgin they made out they could not hear me yet they were as clear a glass then they put the phone down on me . this made me annoyed and i wish i had cancelled the lot

now my tv is not playing as it should 😞

@chaotic_uk wrote:

i rang vm cs and they could not grasp what i was asking , from their replies i will not be getting a v6 upgrade to tv 360 . on their system they still have me down for my old setup (v6 only tv wise) . yet on my new contract it does say 360 upgrade at the bottom along side the free upgrade to 360 part , all 3 times i rang virgin they made out they could not hear me yet they were as clear a glass then they put the phone down on me . this made me annoyed and i wish i had cancelled the lot

Try phoning again and select the " thinking of leaving " option, hopefully retentions can sort your problem out.

Hi chaotic_uk, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with upgrading to the 360 service. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

chaotic_uk
On our wavelength

replied a few min ago , thanks for this anyways 🙂