cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 To 360 Upgrade

Unknown67
Up to speed

A few of questions about upgrading.

1. Do you still need an engineer out to upgrade 3 V6 boxes?

2. Is the software stable (ish) now?

3.  Being on Ultimate Volt we should get the remotes for free?

I know about it being a one way trip, losing recordings and losing functionality compared to TiVo. We don't use many functions apart from recordings. Most of the time we watch stuff on catch up.

So is it time to make the jump or hang fire for now.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thrice
Superfast

I have been using the 360 software on two upgraded V6s for some time now and find the software completely stable even if it is missing a few bells and whistles compared to the V6s. Software upgrades are rolled out regularly - it feels like every month although I have never measured the intervals - so I fully expect to see these bells and whistles (patents permitting) arrive in the future.

I received the remotes for free when I applied to switch and the switching process itself was quick and easy with no glitches. The remotes and especially the GUI are a big improvement on the V6 and I am pleased I switched.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes to needing a tech visit for a 3 box conversion.

360 users are better placed to answer on the other points.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thrice
Superfast

I have been using the 360 software on two upgraded V6s for some time now and find the software completely stable even if it is missing a few bells and whistles compared to the V6s. Software upgrades are rolled out regularly - it feels like every month although I have never measured the intervals - so I fully expect to see these bells and whistles (patents permitting) arrive in the future.

I received the remotes for free when I applied to switch and the switching process itself was quick and easy with no glitches. The remotes and especially the GUI are a big improvement on the V6 and I am pleased I switched.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I had to pay £24.99 for the new remotes when I changed to 360.

I concur with @thrice on everything else, mainly because it suits my needs and I never used all the bells and whistle functions from teh V6 so don't miss any of them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks guys. Engineer booked for next Wednesday morning and got the remotes for free. 

Upgrade done today, so far I'm very impressed. GUI and remotes are a big improvement. Very slick navigation wise. Picture is great as well as the sound, (no sync issues and all the tv's and soundbars controlled properly by the new remotes). TBH it makes the TiVo software look and feel very clunky in comparison. 

Glad I've done the upgrade now, even the Mrs prefers it to TiVo and loves the voice search. 

I'm a happy bunny 😁 😁

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @Unknown67 

It's good to hear that even the other half is impressed as well as your good self.

Stay safe and take care

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Uknown67. 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm glad you're happy with the upgrade to 360, that's great to hear. 

If you have any queries or issues from here, please pop a post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide