cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 To 360 Upgrade Ordered 7 Days Ago - No News

Poddys
Dialled in

I spent over an hour on a Whatsapp chat last Thursday to arrange to get our V6 box upgraded to 360.

There is nothing showing on our account and no updates about the arrival of the remote either.

This evening I went through live chat to check for details. Was transferred to Whatsapp, waiting for an agent at 7:35pm. Had a reminder msg at 7:45pm about the service being busy. It's now 8:50pm and I am yet to speak with an agent!

It's just getting really frustrating trying to do anything.

The previous week I spent about an hour and a half on Whatsapp to get the Ultimate Oomph renewed. The agent wasn't able to order the Hub 4 (to replace Hub 3) at the same time as the 360 upgrade, so said to call back when the Hub 4 was installed, which I did.

It would just be nice to have something showing on the account, but there is precious little information other thanthe contract and the latest bill on the web site.

Is there another way I can check the status of the upgrade please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Poddys,

Thank you for reaching back out to me, I am glad to hear that between us we have been able to get everything sorted and that you now have 2 functioning 360 boxes, I hope you love them like I do.

If you need any further help/support at all you know where we are.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Poddys,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you tried to upgrade your TV Box however haven't heard anything since, I will be more than happy to have a look into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received pleas click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Poddys,

Thank you for reaching back out to me, I am glad to hear that between us we have been able to get everything sorted and that you now have 2 functioning 360 boxes, I hope you love them like I do.

If you need any further help/support at all you know where we are.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul and I can't express enough gratitude for how helpful you have been to get our account sorted out where everyone else has failed.

I now have 2 V6 boxes upgraded to 360, which was a very simple process and the 360 remote and menuing is really very simple to use.

The good:

• Whereas I used to have to do a short press on the power button for the V6 box and a long press for the TV to power them on, now it's just a short press and both come on.
  • With V6 I had to use the remote with my soundbar (Majority Snowdon) to control the volume. With 360 that works as well. Sadly it doesn't power the soundbar on and off but you can't have it all.
  • The voice control on the 360 remote works really well. It displays what it thinks you said and so far is surprisingly accurate. Saying "Show me dinosaurs on You Tube" does just that, or "Show me thisshow" will display the channels that the show is on.

The bad and the ugly:

I will let you know when I find it!

For those interested and it may apply to you as well...

When we upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph package 18 months ago, we were supposed to get a 2nd V6 box but it was never sent out. Trying to do anything on the account through customer service the system wouldn't allow them to go through because of an account anomaly.

Paul managed to get the account sorted and we got a 2nd box. Once that was registered on the system, the changes went through easily.

Upgrading From V6 To 360

Once the upgrade message appeared on the home screen, clicked on the link and although it said the process would take about 30 minutes, it took 15 at most.

Plugging the 2nd V6 box in several days later, it had already updated to 360 and took maybe 10 minutes to get the latest upgrades etc. All the shows we had recorded on the master box showed up and could be played ok.

Thanks again Paul for helping to sort this out for us

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Poddys

Thank you for your reply

It is great to hear Paul has managed to sort your issue out for you! Please do keep us updated and let us know if you require any further assistance.

I hope you come to enjoy our 360 service 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Travis. The Community help here is awesome!

Hi there @Poddys, I've passed your thanks on 🙂

Glad to see you think so, we are always happy to help if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules