Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box replaced and new remote control

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin TV Remote Control Issues

My old V6 box developed a hard disc fault and was replaced – and the remote was replaced also – by the latest design.

1. First thing of note is that the new remote has TWO buttons labelled “TV” – a round one at top left and a rectangular one to right of “Home”. What is the purpose of the round one? There is no description of its function in the picture guides or text.

2. The term “Standby” is nowhere to be seen on the new remote device. However, if I click the red “Power On/Off” button to close down, surprise surprise – instructions about Standby appear – including – “….click the Standby button.” So where is it?

If I just let it close down by itself into Standby and later attempt to waken it up, I find that clicking the power button has zero effect. However, clicking (by finger) the “+” button on the front of the box brings it immediately back to life on-screen. I have yet to find any description of what the “minus and plus” buttons on the front of the box are supposed to do. So where is that documented?

All advice welcome.

10 REPLIES 10

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A quick update.

I used my old remote to pair with the replacement V6 box and everything works as before quite happily. So, I’ll stay on this setup until such time as I’m persuaded (or maybe forced?) to upgrade to something else in the future.

Thanks again for your comments.