cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 360 stuck on welcome page

a1maq
Joining in

Ever since upgrade to 360 my V6 box in front room keeps switching off when not used and on restart gets stuck on welcome page.  My second box is in rear lounge where the router is and have no problems as it’s connected with Cable from router.  Any suggestions please.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of terminology, when you converted your V6 into a 360, it ceased being a V6 and started being a 360! The two are completely different software platforms 🙂

Regardless, when you say it keeps switching off when not used... are you talking about power-saving options? Or that the box is physically powering down? When you say it gets stuck in the reboot loop, I presume it does bootup eventually? Otherwise you'd be reporting a box that won't bootup...

Although I can't imagine the Ethernet connection is making any difference, it may be worth swapping the boxes around just to prove the point.

I rather suspect you'll end up reporting this box as faulty, and (probably) have it replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of terminology, when you converted your V6 into a 360, it ceased being a V6 and started being a 360! The two are completely different software platforms 🙂

Regardless, when you say it keeps switching off when not used... are you talking about power-saving options? Or that the box is physically powering down? When you say it gets stuck in the reboot loop, I presume it does bootup eventually? Otherwise you'd be reporting a box that won't bootup...

Although I can't imagine the Ethernet connection is making any difference, it may be worth swapping the boxes around just to prove the point.

I rather suspect you'll end up reporting this box as faulty, and (probably) have it replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I set the box to stay on 24 hours. Despite this, it powers off when not in use. I have to switch the box off from the power button to restart. At this point it’s stuck on welcome page for over 45 minutes.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd be tempted to play with the standby timer, and just see what difference it makes - it might alter the problem, it might not - but this will just be a case of ruling out anything that "could" be upsetting the box.

Same with the power consumption - what's yours set to? (Eco, fast or active)

It certainly shouldn't take 45minutes to restart by any stretch - something's not right there. You can try going through the factory reset route (this doesn't wipe recordings), but I suspect that if the attempts mentioned above don't make any difference, then it's almost certainly got a fault.

You can then report it by either of the usual methods. Call in (150 from VM, 0345 4541111 otherwise) or wait on here for a staff response - that may take a day or so.

Thank you 

Hi a1maq,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with the box since the software change.

Have you been able to play around with the standby timer as japitts has suggested?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

i did play around with no success. Got an engineer visit tomorrow to sort this out. Suggested it was a hardware issue and box may require replacing 

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, a1maq,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your 360. I have run a remote diagnostic and our records show that you have since been in touch with our team to have this addressed.

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey

many thanks. All sorted. New 360 box installed.  

Many thanks for the update a1maq.

Can you let us know how the issue was resolved? Its just to help our other community members for the future incase they experience a similar issue.

Kind regards Jodi.