cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 360 Sky sports box office and other niggles.

roy247
Community elder

If the only difference between the Tivo V6 and the 360 V6 is the software then there are going to be a lot of updates.

There does not seem to be anyway of watching Sky sports box office or BT sports box office.

It used to be nice to switch between channels and basically watch 2 to 3 games of football and keep up with what was happening by rewinding and fast forwarding now the only way you can do that is by recording all the channels and go through the slow process of going into your recordings and start watching from where you left it.

I assume I am not the only person who has rewound a live program to catch something I missed and then fast forwarded to catch up to the live stream and then the V6 360 decides to start playing the next episode of the series I was watching the night before. I once left the room when it was on live TV and when I came back it was playing a recording and of course you cannot go back to live TV and catch up as it has not recorded the stream like the Tivo V6 would do.

Then there are things like only having 1 hard drive to record on, the 2 Tivo V6 boxes I sent back were over 50% full, the series links options need upgrading, seems to me more of a downgrade at the moment for the same money.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

To watch Sky or BT Box Office events, press the Home button and under Guide you will find an app advertising the pay per view football matches. Click on that app and it will give you a list of matches that you can buy this weekend.

I agree that Box Office events are not easy to find and I only found out how to do it by chance.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

To watch Sky or BT Box Office events, press the Home button and under Guide you will find an app advertising the pay per view football matches. Click on that app and it will give you a list of matches that you can buy this weekend.

I agree that Box Office events are not easy to find and I only found out how to do it by chance.

Hi Keith,

thank you for your answer, I am sure that was not there yesterday when I was looking but its there now.

Another niggle is there is no way to retrieve a deleted item any more.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The issue with deleted recordings is whether you are someone who wants something deleted if you say you want it deleted or whether you’re someone who wants a second chance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Roy247

The Box Office App has been on since Tuesday and must only appear on the 360 when there are upcoming Box Office Event. Apparently they only appeared on the Tivos and the V6s at the same time.

With regards to your other niggle about retrieving deleted items, some people have complained that they cannot delete them permanently on the V6 so Virgin cannot win on that one.

roy247
Community elder

Hi Ernie,

A second chance really as I have found it too easy to delete something I wanted to keep when going down the saved program list deleting stuff I wanted to delete as it doesn't ask you to confirm the delete or put items in a deleted folder. More haste less speed comes to mind.

Hi Keith,

Never had a problem deleting stuff from the Tivo V6 just had to do it from both folders.