cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6/360 Box not booting past "Welcome" screen

MikeyMcG
Up to speed

We recently had our V6 box "upgraded" to the 360 OS. We have had problems with live play and recordings freezing for up to several minutes at a time, but today we went to bring the box out of standby, only to find it is stuck on the "Welcome" screen, with the power button on the remote just "breathing" on and off, and a sort of orange light at the box. I've tried rebooting it, but it just doesn't move past the "Welcome" screen.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, by advice - if you've converted to 360 then your boxes aren't V6's anymore, they're now 360.

The symptoms of recorded content having breakup are indicative of early onset HDD issues, if your box won't bootup it's likely to have failed completely. It will almost certainly need replacing.

The quickest way to arrange this is to call in - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options. Otherwise VM staff will respond on here, but that may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MikeyMcG

Sorry to hear of the issues regarding your set top box since upgrading to TV 360, we appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums in regards to it.

From looking at the equipment and connection we will need to get a technician out to you to look into this further. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Thanks

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks MikeyMcG, I have booked in a visit from a technician to look into this further for you. You can find the details of the visit here please let me know if there are any issues with this appointment. Please be aware that and changes may result in a delay to the visit as this is the earliest we can get a tech out to you.

Please also let me know if there are any individuals shielding in the property and make sure someone over the age of 18 is present for the visit.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Robert

We had the engineer call on Wednesday and he replaced the box. So hopefully that will be the end of the problemd.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MikeyMcG,

Thank you for the update, please do let us know if you need further help with this going forward.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide