cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 360 BOX RED STAND BY LIGHT?

Royalbeech
Superfast

One of my V6 360 boxes stand by light is Red and not blue, box wakes up fine and all seems OK. 

Does the Red light meen anything? 

28 REPLIES 28

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it a V6? or a 360?

It can't be both - it's one or the other. I'd guess it's a V6 that's been software patched to 360, but in which case it's not a V6 anymore, it's now a 360.

You can check which you have here 

Regardless, the standby light should be red (not sure where you're getting blue from) - and if the box wakes up and all is ok... then all is well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is the latest upgrade for the 360, there was a pop up screen announcing it this morning, by popular request the standby light is now red

(and it was blue) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes it is a V6 which now has 360 software, so still a V6 box! the V6 box is the hard ware.not the software, which was TIVO and now Horizan 4.

With regards to the colour of the light, after the software change (Not upgrade as may people seem to be calling it.) the stand by light was Blue and still is, on one off my boxes.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can see this causing fun with the online help files...

What's the latest software version now then @dannylau  - is this still V4.32?

V4.31

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

I can see this causing fun with the online help files...

What's the latest software version now then @dannylau  - is this still V4.32?

I'm still on 4.31

IMG_0031.jpeg

 V4.32 is the latest

@Royalbeech wrote:

Yes it is a V6 which now has 360 software, so still a V6 box! the V6 box is the hard ware.not the software, which was TIVO and now Horizan 4.

With regards to the colour of the light, after the software change (Not upgrade as may people seem to be calling it.) the stand by light was Blue and still is, on one off my boxes.

Have you tried turning the box that is still Blue on and off. Both my boxes this morning were Red and are still on 4.31. 

I think I preferred the Blue light.

That all well and good, but my software is still at v4.31 and I don't get that screen showing me the changes.

Yes I also like the Blue.

The problem is, from what I read on this forum, people don't like change and winge about the smallest things, how does "white light On" look similar to" Blue light stand by"?