cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 volume levels different on 2 devices

canthackit
On our wavelength

Hi

I've had my V360 for about six weeks now.

I've now got an audio problem, I have a 4K Firestick and the V360 connected to a Yamaha receiver, and when on say for instance Amazon the audio can be quite loud, that's ok though, but when I go channel hopping and tune in to the V360 the volume level is much lower and has to be pumped up significantly, and then subsequently when I change back to Amazon it's blaring and have to reduce it dramatically.

The only options I could find on the Receiver is YPAO volume, Adaptive DRC.

Tried both on and off and a combination ON/OFF mad no difference whatsoever.

Has anyone got a solution please before I go deaf with Amazon😮

5 REPLIES 5

Cueball99
Well-informed

It's perfectly normal to have different devices output audio at different levels, you just need to remember to change the volume before you switch.

Thnx for the reply.

Over the years I've had many speaker,reciever,devices setup, cannot recall ever having this problem with a multitude of devices connected.

I'm not sure if it even did it with the V6.

And can I assume that you are dead sure of your comment.

Thanks for your help anyway.

On My AVR I can independantly adjust HDMI audio levels, its a Denon.

Absolutely dead sure. Every piece of equipment I own produces audio at different levels, there is no industry standard. 

Even TV channels broadcast at different levels. 

As NinjaMeerkat has said, our Denon amps allow you to set volume levels per source, can your Yamaha do the same?

Wotchya

Unfortunately no mate it does not allow me the set each source separately, and added to this I have just replaced my speaker cables SAXT to the fronts Atmos and Centre, and QED Micro High Tech for the rears really long runs.

Yamaha Amp

Focal Sib Evo 5.1.2

Thanks for the replies guy's