cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 nightmare

Faerie1
Dialled in

So, today I receive 2 V360 remotes to upgrade my 2 V6 boxes

this afternoon I updated the downstairs box which worked (apart from not working the sound on the telly, quick search on here did the trick and I got it sorted)

came upstairs to set up my box in the bedroom, got a down arrow on screen (looked like it was downloading something) then I got a red screen…it says ‘Your TIVo box has encountered an error, Please call Customer Support with the above error code’

no error code??  I do the usual techie thing, turn the box off and on, still the same, turn the hub off and on then the box again, still the same (ARGh)

call faults, who said only one box was updated yet he other will be done manually tomorrow? What? Why? She actually asked if I understood what she was saying, I said yes but It didn’t make any sense, why have to wait til tomorrow?  She said that was how it worked…I asked for a manager, she said all the managers had left and someone would call me tomorrow…and that if I had to watch something tonight.,,,to watch the TV downstairs?  

Customer service sure has changed since I worked there… is there anything else I can try tonight? The downstairs TV isn’t an option! (Hubby already suggested launching it out the window….not an option although already, seeing the downstairs service, might be a better solution!!)

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Faerie1 

It seems odd that the second box isn't showing an error number such as CS1012 etc. 

It's possible that the box has lost it's interent connection, or it's a hard drive issue.

Have you tried swapping the boxes around? You can swap them back again afterwards.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Faults asked me 3 different times for the code and told her there wasn’t one, told them it was a red screen (and what it said word for word) I even told her I didn’t have TiVo, had a V6 box, again she asked what the code was

I haven’t tried swapping them over, can’t right now

Wouldn’t that just mean the downstairs box wouldn’t work then? 

Just don’t understand why faults can’t help 

wish I’d never changed over

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Faerie1 

Swapping boxes around sometimes kickstarts the recalcitrant box into working.

It won't affect the functioning of the already working box.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Unfortunately I can’t tonight, will try tomorrow and let you know how I get on, thanks for your help

Hello, update as promised, swapped boxes, didn’t work, after a few more calls to faults, had to get engineer out today who replaced it, it’s now working

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Faerie1 

Thanks for the update. 

I'm pleased to see you now have fully functioning 360 boxes.

If you do have any further problems or questions you know where to come.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.