cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 mini coax connection

garage_jim
On our wavelength

So I've established, thanks to this forum, that a 360 mini box needs a Coax connection, just like the main box, but I can't figure out what the other end of the Coax is supposed to connect to!

If the coax going to my main v360 needs to be split, where does it need to be split? At the wall box where it enters the house, or at the v360? 

I'm in the middle of an extension, and I know where my mini will go, so I'd like to get the Coax ready to include with the first fix electrics. I just don't know where the run needs to begin. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are two options: inferior WiFi or superior wired.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@garage_jim wrote:

If the coax going to my main v360 needs to be split, where does it need to be split? At the wall box where it enters the house

Very likely this. But the co-ax forms part of VM's network and isn't something you can install yourself. VM supply & fit all their cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @garage_jim,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

As @japitts has advised, if you need some assistance with the cabling and reinstalling of the equipment in the property then we can arrange a technician to come out and do this for you, but there would be a cost of £25 to do so as detailed in our Price Guide.

Let us know if you need to help you arrange that, as I understand if you're doing an extension it might be best to wait until that work is complete first.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The cable can be split anywhere, even externally, it just depends on the run to both boxes. If you want a cable to be under floorboards just install a pull rope. If you want the mini upstairs you can drill the hole through the ceiling and floorboards now. Note that the mini will need a connection to the hub so the same hole can be used for the coaxial and Ethernet cables.

--

Roger_gooner Surely the connection to the hub is WiFi?

There are two options: inferior WiFi or superior wired.

--

Hi,

I've just completed an extension to my house, and I want to run my VM line into the extension instead of where it currently enters the house. As an existing customer how do I get that type of work done?

Thanks 

James 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Either phone it in, or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

It should be a £25 fee for a non fault call out?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

garage_jim
On our wavelength
Spoiler

Hi @Zach_r ,

Extension is complete, and I would like to arrange an appointment to re route the external coax run. (I just started a new thread forgetting that I had started this thread earlier in the build). 

I'm not adding a mini box in the short term but I do need to relocate the main hub.

Thanks

James 

Thanks for coming back to us @garage_jim, I can get this arranged but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L