cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 and remotes

spressy
Dialled in

I, like many Virgin customers, have upgraded my Tivo to 360. I have previously had a magic eye system, hard wired via the HDMI cable to control my boxes. No problem with Tivo. I am pleased with the quality of the upgrade to 360, BUT, I have three tvs connected to my second of two boxes, this box being upstairs in the bedroom. My problem is that only one remote can be connected to each box, contrary to what I was initially told by Virgin. I cannot turn the box on remotely by the Virgin Tivo Go app so therefore it is no use unless I leave the box on or have to physically go near the box to turn it on. This irritates me and more so my missus if she is having a lie in. I have purchased an extra remote (no use) and feel that my upgrade has been a retrograde step. I don't want a mini box, my system worked very well before the upgrade. Please Virgin can we show some sense and have a software upgrade to allow more than one remote per Tivo 360 box.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In my experience, you can turn the TV 360 on and off from the Virgin TV Go app.

16EE5C53-FB3C-4A23-9988-6413867FE862.jpeg

I guess the issue you have is managing the turning on and off of each TV.

I would think, for a start, you shouldn’t have One Power set to on for the TV 360 which is directly connected to a TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly but not a priority, in my opinion.

Your situation, multiple TVs driven by one set top box, I would suggest is a minority situation.

The Virgin Media solution is to drive each TV with its own set top box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In my experience, you can turn the TV 360 on and off from the Virgin TV Go app.

16EE5C53-FB3C-4A23-9988-6413867FE862.jpeg

I guess the issue you have is managing the turning on and off of each TV.

I would think, for a start, you shouldn’t have One Power set to on for the TV 360 which is directly connected to a TV.

Thank you for your prompt reply, I have now found what you have highlighted. Makes things a little easier, but I still believe they should enable more than one remote per box.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly but not a priority, in my opinion.

Your situation, multiple TVs driven by one set top box, I would suggest is a minority situation.

The Virgin Media solution is to drive each TV with its own set top box.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi spressy,

Some members have used the Harmony Remote as a second 360 remote. You need to set itup as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next"

Others say the  OneForAll URC7125 and it works fine, using the SimpleSet setup process and going for the Ziggo manufacturer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I appreciate your opinion, but I had a setup with two tivo boxes, one of which drives three tvs via a HDMI splitter hard wired with a magic eye solution connected via the HDMI. It is perfect for my needs and now because of the upgrade has had some of its features removed. I cannot see a problem enabling more than one remote per tv. Thank you again for your comments.

Dear Dave
Thank you will look into the prices. May just stick with a spare tablet I have got and use the TV Go app. I understand that they want people to go for extra miniboxes but if you have the infrastructure already, the upgrade seems like a backward step.

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your suggestion re the URC 7125 (One for All) remote.

Easy to set up and as you say works really well. Can relax now!

Great price (£10) from AO.

Kind Regards   Stuart Preston.

Thanks for the update spressy and glad to hear you were able to find an alternative.

Rob

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Stuart,

Thanks for the update. It's great to see you've found a solution. Good price as well 🙂

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali