cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 and LG magic remote

jk001d7182
On our wavelength

Hi 

I just updated my V6 to V360, and my LG magic remote no longer works with the Virgin box. I went through the setup with my OLED55c9pla none of the settings available for the magic remote worked with the V360. 

63 REPLIES 63

Very helpful, that worked for me- thanks 👍

Glad to hear that this has sorted your issue @GavinBlackwell.

Regards,

Steven_L

#LoneSpeaker - you Sir, are a genius. I have just managed to do this on my new (November 2021) LG TV and it worked first time. I should note for other users, when you try and change the universal control in settings you are understandably drawn to clicking on Virgin TV, but don't, go to the next page and do as LoneSpeaker says and type in Ziggo and it will work.

It is fair to say that the settings for new LG TVs have changed since LoneSpeaker wrote his answer but suffice to say that fundamentally the answer is very similar for 2021 LG TVs.

Don't quite understand why the tech guys at VM and LG have not figured this out considering that LG sell more TVs than anyone else and VM are a major supplier of set box boxes in the UK.

Web 0S 5.4, no Ziggo option, no matter what I try 😞

Assuming you have a new LG TV you need to follow exactly what Lonestar says. There is no Ziggo option you have to type it in.

I meant LoneSpeaker

Yup. In the "Provider" screen, use the remote to navigate to the box with a magnifying glass in it - then type "Ziggo" in that box and search. Ziggo will then show and you can select it and it will work (with me it was the second PR^ that worked). I have no idea WHY Ziggo worked (instead of, of course, Virgin) but Kudos to that awesome individual who helped us all.

Thanks so much for this. I've been trying to get this working for like a year. Can I ask how you knew to do this?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darck1971 wrote:

Yup. In the "Provider" screen, use the remote to navigate to the box with a magnifying glass in it - then type "Ziggo" in that box and search. Ziggo will then show and you can select it and it will work (with me it was the second PR^ that worked). I have no idea WHY Ziggo worked (instead of, of course, Virgin) but Kudos to that awesome individual who helped us all.

The 360 boxes are based on the Horizon platform, and specifically version 4. The Horizon platform is used by multiple Liberty Global companies - one of those being Ziggo. 

So just like the V6 / TiVo boxes respond to some of the same IR commands from older V boxes in the UK to maintain compatibility, the 360 boxes will respond to IR commands from other Horizon based models and versions.

The two IR command sets are completely different though and unfortunately as yet no TV company has included the 360 IR command set under the 'Virgin Media' search in their code database. All the TVs assume you're wanting to control a V6/TiVo/V+/V HD or V box when they know you're in the UK and have Virgin Media as your TV provider.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for your information! My 360 box just stopped responding to the LG remote. Any ideas? The original virgin remote works fine but then it stopped responding to the LG universal that was working the day before.