cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 and LG magic remote

jk001d7182
On our wavelength

Hi 

I just updated my V6 to V360, and my LG magic remote no longer works with the Virgin box. I went through the setup with my OLED55c9pla none of the settings available for the magic remote worked with the V360. 

63 REPLIES 63

Hi JP

Could you do me an idiots guide to trying to set this up please...... cant even find the TV settings 😂

Kickoverthestatues

What year is your LG TV as the webos is different and its menus vary  depending on the version. My 2020 lg is on webos 5.0 whilst my 2015 lg is webos 2.0 

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

LG CX 2020

• WEBOS 5.0

Cheers

Kickoverthestatues

Ok , that's same as me then.. I'll sort out a step by step tomorrow for you!

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Hi JP 

• Any luck with the step by step for setting the remote up 
  • Cheers

Kickoverthestatues

Sorry been busy with work and that includes system training. Anyway,  on your tv all setting>connection>device connection setting>universal control settings.

Go through the guides setup screens. On the set top box selection screen do not select virgin northwest but find ziggo instead. 

On the test screen it can be temperamental and you may have to go through the set up a number of times to get it to work. 

The VM box should be showing in the small window.

Press program up on the remote to test if it doesnt work then press no to the question "did it work" on the screen. 

The remote will try different settings and you try program up again and again until you see th VM box change channels.

That should do it!

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Ok JP 

I get to set top box, and you get device already connected to HDMI 1 do you want to reset 

I am resetting ?

Kickoverthestatues

Hi Raquel

Yes because I assume it currently says virgin(northwest) as that's the normal V6 setting   it doesnt work for a tv360 or upgraded v6 to tv360.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Hi JP 

• Well it says Virgin South , i get the VM little box behind the reset message so quite close hopefully will try again 

Hi JP tried again no luck it doesn't recognise Ziggo and i didn't get a did that work notification.......

Kickoverthestatues

You need to ignore the list of providers which will include virgin, sky, talk talk etc, in your case virgin south due to your location. You type ziggo in the search box and then you can select it.

You should be doing it manually to get it to go through the screens though.

Virgin option will not work at all.

You are close though, as I said it takes a few goes as sometimes the test screen doesnt let you test and jumps straight to set up complete and the remote still doesnt work. As I said its temperamental  keep going through the set up until the test screen let's you start pressing program up and also let you say it worked or not.

It has to be ZIGGO. This is the VM box in Europe that the tv360 is based on.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile