cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 and LG magic remote

jk001d7182
On our wavelength

Hi 

I just updated my V6 to V360, and my LG magic remote no longer works with the Virgin box. I went through the setup with my OLED55c9pla none of the settings available for the magic remote worked with the V360. 

63 REPLIES 63

Anyone get the voice activation to work?

Ie "Hi LG, watch BBC News"? Didn't really work with V6 but seems even worse on 360 box.

You don’t need to say ‘hi lg’. Just press the mic button and say ‘bbc1’ or ‘itv’ or if your watching a recording and want to skip adverts say ‘skip 4 minutes’ etc

Hi,

thanks for the excellent walk through, have an issue though.

does the 360 box need to be in line of sight?

I was under the impression it was HDMI CEC?

Remote works but only if box is exposed and not hidden? 

@Craig_85 wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the excellent walk through, have an issue though.

does the 360 box need to be in line of sight?

I was under the impression it was HDMI CEC?

Remote works but only if box is exposed and not hidden? 

My experience is it has to be line of sight so I assume the LG MR is connecting via IR and as my cabinet has passthrough glass it works.  However if I switch the TV to the hdmi input connected to the virgin tv360 box , it asks if I want to turn the box on and if I select yes the box turns on, on most occasions. I suspect though that this is still an IR instruction direct from the remote rather that an HDMI-CEC instruction from the tv. I am assuming  that on those occasions it does not work it is because the line of site is blocked.as family members tend to leave objects in the direct line space between my seating position and the tv360 box!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

@Johnc55 wrote:

Anyone get the voice activation to work?

Ie "Hi LG, watch BBC News"? Didn't really work with V6 but seems even worse on 360 box.

Attempted voice control of tv360 via LG MR voice to no avail. Although I suspected it wouldnt work anyhow. Not a deal breaker as I dont know how it could cross platform with voice and so didnt expect it to work.

Anyone else had any luck with voice control of tv360 via LG Magic Remote voice management.

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

My LG TV is on webOS 4.3. I didn't have Ziggo available to choose from, I guess you need webOS 5 for it to work.

@Richard_Toomey wrote:

My LG TV is on webOS 4.3. I didn't have Ziggo available to choose from, I guess you need webOS 5 for it to work.

Hi RM 

If i am reading this right, you need to type in ZIGGO it will not appear as an option in the drop-down menu 

Kickoverthestatues

@RAQUEL6 wrote:

@Richard_Toomey wrote:

Hi RM 

If i am reading this right, you need to type in ZIGGO it will not appear as an option in the drop-down menu 

The default options are usually virgin ( region), sky etc.

As Raquel said you need to search for ziggo in the search box, it should then appear as a selectable option.

However, myself and Raquel are on webos 5.0 so it could be different for webos 4.3

Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

Thanks for the reply. Typed Ziggo but it says 'no results found'. Giving up on it now.

@Richard_Toomey wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Typed Ziggo but it says 'no results found'. Giving up on it now.

I would persist RM i had to do it 3 or 4 times before it worked.... I remember pressing enter ( even though no results found came up )  and it worked 

Kickoverthestatues