cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Upgrade

Fraz56
Tuning in

I have a visit arranged for Wed pm to "upgrade" to the V360 service. I am due to get 2 new boxes. However, I have just found out that the V360 mini box does not have  a hard drive. What on earth is the point of that?

This means I am transferring from 1GB + 1GB currently to a mere 1GB, absolutely pointless.

Why can`t my 2 existing v6 boxes be upgraded? If my boxes can`t be upgraded, can I get 2 V6 boxes that can?

18 REPLIES 18

roy247
Community elder

Looks like you are going to lose 1TB if that goes ahead, you could try phoning retensions to cancel and discuss with them what you want.

If you spoke to the off shore call centre then that explains everything. 

This is just getting ridiculous. 

When I sign in to my  account it states  "One of our technicians is booked to install your services on 2021-07-07 between 1pm and 6pm"

When I click on "Track Your Order" I get this 

Your upgrade is scheduled for:
Wednesday7July
between1pm-6pm

We can carry out your upgrade remotely so no-one needs to visit your property

We can carry out your downgrade remotely so no one needs to visit your property.

Am I getting a visit or not and to date no remotes have arrived? What a shambles.

Should have said, the upgrade link has now appeared on both boxes but I have had no contact about the delivery of the remotes.

Engineer called, upgrade done on existing boxes and so far, so good.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Fraz56,

Thanks for updating the thread.

It sounds like good news as it seems you are keeping your storage by having the original boxes software updated.

The 360 took me around 10 days to get used to, but it soon becomes second nature.

There's a handy page you might want to check that explains how the 360 works and some of the differences compared to the V6

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@Fraz56 wrote:

Should have said, the upgrade link has now appeared on both boxes but I have had no contact about the delivery of the remotes.

Problem is that without the remotes you can't use the 360.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IIRC there's a 10day grace period from the menu icons appearing, to the conversion being forced. That's to allow for the remotes to arrive.

The grace period might well be different, since when I last checked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

You missed this from the OP

"Engineer called, upgrade done on existing boxes and so far, so good."

So it seems the engineer will have performed the software update on both boxes, and the OP also has the 360 remotes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

You missed this from the OP

"Engineer called, upgrade done on existing boxes and so far, so good."

So it seems the engineer will have performed the software update on both boxes, and the OP also has the 360 remotes.

I took "engineer called" to mean an engineer telephoned and did the upgrade remotely.