cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Upgrade

Nathandale94
Tuning in

Not sure if anybody could help or had a similar experience...

I have been a virgin customer now for over 7 years and received a call on Monday asking if I would upgrade which I agreed to on the terms that they upgraded my old tivo box to the newer 360 box and wifi hub also. All went great until installing the new 360 box which I now know to actually be a 360 mini. My menu screen is the same layout/look as the tivo menu screen, I can't pause live TV, record, watch catchup (error code V210) and I cannot click on the help option (error code M63). I followed all instructions to a T and when I try the online help it offers no solutions and tells me to call virgin, which in turn tells me to go to online help then cuts me off. Seems like I can't win here so I've turned here for help.

Am I missing the master box? Who do I call or speak to to get one? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
  • You can't just have a mini on its own you need a 360 with a hard drive as the main box, or just a 360 with a hard drive if it's your only box

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
  • You can't just have a mini on its own you need a 360 with a hard drive as the main box, or just a 360 with a hard drive if it's your only box

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Community elder

If you only had the TiVo box and no V6 boxes you do need a 360 main box, your best option is to phone 150 from a Virgin phone and speak to retensions that's the I am thinking of leaving option, they should be able to help.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What seems to have been missed here is that the new box can’t be any sort of TV 360 as it’s said to be running TiVo software and showing TiVo error codes.

If we assume that it is actually a V6 running TiVo software then the next step would be to check if the app to convert to TV 360 is in the app section and run it.

In addition, the M63 error suggests an account issue. Perhaps a TiVo box has been sent to an account set up for TV 360.

Thank you, I thought this may be the case. I've just spoken to someone from virgin on the phone who didn't really know about main boxes or mini boxes, I've got an engineer coming on Monday to look at it. I hope he will have a spare on his van or it'll be over week without full use of virgin TV. 

I can still watch TV through this box but can't do much else. Thanks for the quick answers

It's 100% a 360 box. Just the smaller version. I can't even access apps& games option in the menu. I would upload photos but the site won't allow me. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it really is a TV 360 mini, I fail to understand how it can run TiVo software, look like a TiVo and give TiVo error codes.

• Here is the box, after googling to compare to other ones I may be wrong, is this the regular size 360?  Screenshot_20220318-222525_Gallery.jpg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have been sent a V6 TiVo box which is currently running TiVo software but which can be converted to a TV 360 box running Horizon software by an app.

It would appear that the issue may be to do with your account already thinking that you have a box running the Horizon software, which it’s not.

You will either have to wait for the engineer to fix this or perhaps the Virgin Media staff can fix it when they get to your thread in a day or two.