cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Upgrade

Fraz56
Tuning in

I have a visit arranged for Wed pm to "upgrade" to the V360 service. I am due to get 2 new boxes. However, I have just found out that the V360 mini box does not have  a hard drive. What on earth is the point of that?

This means I am transferring from 1GB + 1GB currently to a mere 1GB, absolutely pointless.

Why can`t my 2 existing v6 boxes be upgraded? If my boxes can`t be upgraded, can I get 2 V6 boxes that can?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your existing V6 boxes can indeed be migrated to 360, although if you have 3 of them this does require a tech visit. A 2-box migration shouldn't usually need a tech visit, unless there's something else at play here.

If your multiroom V6 boxes are swapped, you will indeed lose the disk space on those boxes. I don't see any need for them to be swapped.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your existing V6 boxes can indeed be migrated to 360, although if you have 3 of them this does require a tech visit. A 2-box migration shouldn't usually need a tech visit, unless there's something else at play here.

If your multiroom V6 boxes are swapped, you will indeed lose the disk space on those boxes. I don't see any need for them to be swapped.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for responding, 

I just have 2 V6 boxes but there is no upgrade link on the home page or in the apps folder on either of them so I think I may have old V6 boxes? I wasn`t expecting new boxes but the link says I`ve to get them. The fact the 360 mini box has no hard drive is baffling.

roy247
Community elder

If you get 2 new remotes delivered look out for your upgrade links.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily, if you choose to migrate a V6 it's just a software download- and if the menu option isn't there, the obvious reason is that your conversion request isn't live yet.

There's various reasons why the 360 multi-room solution doesn't include HDD's, but migrating V6's does avoid this shortcoming. The age of your V6's is immaterial for conversion purposes.

I don't see any reason your multi-room V6's can't all be software-patched to 360, and retain the extra hard drives that you'll otherwise not have.

It`s all vey strange. I understood that my existing boxes would be upgraded but when the confirmation of the change over was emailed to me, it includes 2 new v360 boxes. Initially I was delighted until I realised this ridiculous short coming. I record lots of stuff and my 2 existing hard drives are well used. To date, no remotes have been received and the link obviously is missing. I am wondering if some V6 boxes are incompatible but to be honest I`m totally confused. I can`t understand why an engineer is required to upgrade my existing boxes?

I have 2 v6 boxes and 1 of them has upgraded to 360 no problem the other has a link but in the other I get error MA1/4/30. Can’t this be solved with a software push? It makes no sense. Do I just have to call cancellations to get anything done properly as usual

roy247
Community elder

Did your confirmation email look like this,

Your new package now includes:

TV: Virgin TV 360 box - Virgin TV 360 Mini box

We've removed:

TV: Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo

did it say Mini Box or 2 TV 360 boxes. If it said 2 TV 360 boxes this is just probably how it will show on your new contract and you will possibly receive 2 remotes on Wednesday and not an engineer, I believe this has happened to other people. The upgrade links should appear after you get the remotes because you do need the new remotes to complete the upgrade. To the best of my knowledge all V6 boxes can be software upgraded.

You should get a text or email from Yodel I believe if they are delivering remotes with a time slot usually on the day.

I have had an upgrade to 360. I have 2 v6 boxes 1 the upgrade went ok the other comes up with an error code of MA1/4/30. Can’t the software be pushed again? I have had visit scheduled so have to wait in for 4 hours for something that should be able to be done over the air. Do I just have to call cancellations to get anything sorted as usual?

This is how it looks as part of the email I received. It also talks about how I requested an engineer to call. I wasn`t given an option and immediately was asked what day would suit. I could not understand the need for an engineer based on what I had read about upgrading my current boxes. It`s an absolute shambles.

Equipment

Virgin TV 360 box                                                           included

Virgin TV 360 Mini box                                                   included

Virgin TV 360 Remote x2                                                included