cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Slow Menu Issues

byhamc
Tuning in

I have one of the V6 Virgin boxes that, a little over a year ago, was 'upgraded' to V360.

I'll park all my moans on the so-called upgrade - that's already been well documented by a number of people.

Instead, I wanted to highlight a couple of issues I'm having, and see whether anyone else is experiencing the same.

The one that's most apparent is a VERY slow menu system. Moving between pages of channels in the guide or trying to bring up my saved recordings can often result in a blank screen (template of the expected screen shown, but none of the actual detail) which can remain for a very long time - I timed up to about a minute. If this happened only every now and then, it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but it's happening more often than not.

The other is even more bizarre - when using the guide, around 50% of the time moving between programmes / channels, the screen will briefly show the description of the highlighted show (for a second or two max) and then revert to the information from the previously highlighted show. Quite infuriating when trying to get info on what to watch next.

I'm not sure whether there have been any minor updates recently that might have caused an issue, or whether this is a box that is slowly failing. I'm loath to call it in as a faulty box, as I've managed to recover quite a lot of the recordings that I lost 14 months ago when upgrading to 360, and don't really want to have to start from scratch again....

Anyone else experiencing similar issues, or have any advice on this.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @klf3, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having some problems with your TV360 software.

There shouldn't be a requirement for a new set top box, as the V6's are very much designed to be able to cope with the conversion to the new software.

There aren't any faults on the network that I've been able to identify following running diagnostics, can you please confirm if you're still having these issues since the weekend's past? You may have also tried this already, but can you try a reboot on the equipment too please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

klf3
On our wavelength

Hello Tom.

I'd already tried the "soft reset', so went for the complete reset (loosing all my recordings in the process). This has improved things, but it will still throw a wobbler randomly. 

Virgin are conducting some engineering work in our area on the 24th February, so assume there may be some issues locally.

I'll reserve judgement until after then, but many thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Thank you for the update @klf3.

Has service improved since the last posting? Do you need any further help regarding this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

klf3
On our wavelength

Hello Akua.

Service has improved since my last post, also helped by replacing the network switch which the TV360 feeds into. Still has it's moments when it gets laggy, but just about acceptable.

If things get worse again, I'll be back !

Regards.