cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Repeat Recordings

Vegasgal
Joining in

Can anyone tell me how I can stop multiple recordings when all I want is the latest episode and only 1 recording of said episode! I don't want to record every episode of every series two or 3 times (depending which station(s) it's showing on!). Even when I see it's recording more than I want it to I can't seem to delete individual episodes, only option is cancel recording and series link or something similar.

This is so frustrating, why is there no "new only" option? If it's a pending update when is it likely to happen? To me the service V360 gives is not as good as Tivo, not an upgrade in my opinion, I can easily live without voice control!

7 REPLIES 7

deans6571
Wise owl

You would need to set the 360 to record from series x and onwards. 

So if the current episode is Series 2 Episode 3, set the recording options to record ‘From this episode onwards’ when you press the record button on Episode 3 within the Advanced options. 

Thanks for this, I assume this won't stop repeats of episodes from the same series I'm recording that are on +1 channels or repeated later in the week though.

@Vegasgal wrote:
Thanks for this, I assume this won't stop repeats of episodes from the same series I'm recording that are on +1 channels or repeated later in the week though.

I don’t think the 360 works like that. If you set up a Series Link on ITV HD, it shouldn’t record repeated episodes on ITV +1 when you set it to record from series x and onwards (mine doesn’t record any +1 repeated episodes). 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agree with @deans6571 , series record on TV 360 is single channel only.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Not sure what I'm doing then but when I check planned recordings it definitely shows as recording the same episode on Sky Witness +1 for 2 different series. It's also done this in the past with another series I recorded! Maybe it's just this Channel for some reason!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I recorded the New Years day episode of Doctor Who on BBC1 SD in error.  I previously had the series recordings set on the HD version.

When I realised what I had done a few days later and set it up to record on BBC1HD a pop up told me I had already set a recording on BBC1SD.

I thought no more about it and just clicked on record anyway so I ended it up with both SD and HD recordings, because I didn't delete the recording set for BBC 1 SD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@Vegasgal wrote:

Thanks. Not sure what I'm doing then but when I check planned recordings it definitely shows as recording the same episode on Sky Witness +1 for 2 different series. It's also done this in the past with another series I recorded! Maybe it's just this Channel for some reason!

I’ve just checked on mine - more than likely you have the ‘All Available Episodes’ selected, which would then record everything on that channel.