cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 Issues

Peteseeger
On our wavelength

I was persuaded to upgrade my V6 box to Virgin 360 a week ago but since the upgrade I have experienced nothing but problems.

Firstly, on two occasions, my recordings and the list of future recordings have been wiped clean for no obvious reason. I have been unable to recover the recordings (which was always possible with V6). I then have to go through the pain of having to set up the recordings again.

Secondly, at least twice a day the screen freezes and I have to change channels back and forth to recover or in the worst instance I am forced to reboot the box.  

Thirdly, on several occasions the screen flickers where a number of frames appear to be lost/not transmitted. This becomes extremely irritating after a while.

Lastly, I am convinced that some of the previous functionality has been lost including dealing with recording hiccups ie recovering inadvertently deleted recordings.

I must emphasise that none of these problems occurred before the upgrade and there is nothing wrong with my TV or the HDMI cable as both work fine on Freeview.

Overall, I am finding the Virgin 360 a huge disappointment and would appreciate advice on reverting to the old V6 software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tavis75
Super solver

@Peteseeger wrote:

Lastly, I am convinced that some of the previous functionality has been lost including dealing with recording hiccups ie recovering inadvertently deleted recordings.

Yes, you have lost the undelete functionality as you have noticed. Also, series link manager, series link+, wishlists, suggestions, radio channels, radio recording, setting up series links for shows that aren't in the upcoming TV guide, skip back on fast-forward, multi-channel series links, control over ethernet, individual recordings on each box and probably several other things I've forgotten about.

Unfortunately, you cannot revert as VM eventually want everyone onto the 360 box as it is the box used by other Liberty Global companies around the world, whereas the TiVo\V6 is licensed from TiVo (who know how to make a PVR) and therefore costs them a licensing fee. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tavis75
Super solver

@Peteseeger wrote:

Yes, you have lost the undelete functionality as you have noticed. Also, series link manager, series link+, wishlists, suggestions, radio channels, radio recording, setting up series links for shows that aren't in the upcoming TV guide, skip back on fast-forward, multi-channel series links, control over ethernet, individual recordings on each box and probably several other things I've forgotten about.

Unfortunately, you cannot revert as VM eventually want everyone onto the 360 box as it is the box used by other Liberty Global companies around the world, whereas the TiVo\V6 is licensed from TiVo (who know how to make a PVR) and therefore costs them a licensing fee. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ultimately the choice to convert to TV360 is absolutely yours, however...

Others who use TV360 may be able to comment further on your first 3 issues, although point 3 - the flickers - would potentially need a bit more info. Live TV or VoD,  for one?

@Peteseeger wrote:

You're correct - the recycle bin isn't available on TV360, which is fundamentally different to TiVo/V6.

The choice to convert is always a voluntary one, but it's also irreversible. The (many) differences between the two platforms are well documented on this forum, but the time to do research is before requesting the change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your extremely helpful reply. It is much appreciated

I am where I am and your last comment is not helpful at all. I did speak to Virgin and was convinced that the V360 software was indeed an upgrade - I (wrongly) assumed he was being honest with me.

Hi @Peteseeger

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered since upgrading to the 360 software. 

When the picture freezes, is this on live tv or on the guide/setting pages? Do you notice this happens on multiple channels at all?

Are there any error message or error codes that appear on your screen?

With the flicking issue - is this on live TV or on your recordings? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thank you for your reply. The flickering is always on live TV (never had it before the upgrade). Strangely, it hasn't happened for the past 2 days - fingers crossed it has resolved itsself. Now, to try and sort out some of the other problems. With hindsight, I would not have changed to V 360 as it is certainly not an upgrade!

We're glad to hear the flicking seems to have resolved itself. 

To confirm, have you still had the other issues on the box?

^Martin

A very helpful chap from the Virgin virtual team did a complete software re-install and that seems to have cleared things up. I also have a suspicion that the connection from the Virgin box to my TV's HDMI ARC might have caused some of the problems and thus have also switched the cable to a standard HDMI port. I will leave this set up as it is for a few days and then try and switch back to the HDMI ARC port.

Hi Peteseeger,

Thank you for your post, glad to hear that your 360 issue has now been resolved, please let us know how things go, you can find further help/ support around our 360 box here, if you do need any further support, do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.