cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless 360

Fisherman27
Tuning in

Here goes. Switched to 360 upgrade. Software installation repeatedly failed. Phoned helpline. Eventually sorted. Since then I have errors CS2000, CS2200,CS2217 and ‘your disc is full’ ( which is utter nonsense). So can’t watch recordings, pause tv etc etc. Switching off and on is a temporary fix but doing that every day is not acceptable. Also carried out factory resets. Again a temporary fix. And to add to the misery the internal fan is always on. Next stage is that I switch to Sky as the thought of going through yet another phone call is too much. Please Virgin send an engineer to replace the box or switch me back to my old system

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Reverting from 360 back to TiVo/V6 is not an option.

You can either wait on here, or call into faults, to report the disk issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Fisherman27

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking he time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your 360 box. 

Are you recording on your main box? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zac
I only have one box so it is the main one. Yesterday was another reboot, then the system froze on the welcome screen so I rebooted again. Every day the same story. I know I should phone the helpline but I have contacted them twice and nothing has been resolved. Should I just scream - send an engineer or I will cancel my tv packages ? 😂

Sorry to hear of these issues @Fisherman27,

Can you please confirm that all the cables are secure and finger tight running into the back of the set top box and into the wall socket? 

How much space do you have on the set top box in regards to recordings? Do you have anything in the recently deleted folder?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

All the cables are secure and have been removed and inserted a number of times to check them. This morning when I started the system it gave me a message saying that my recording disc is full. Well it can’t be since I had only around 10 programmes recorded. So I went into the recordings section and I get the screen which says - you have no recordings or planned recordings. Also got a new error code - CS6001 - hard drive error. 

Still think the box is knackered. My problem is that the helpline carries out a test - oh everything is fine. Meanwhile I am paying for a system which is not working.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fisherman27 

Sorry to see you are having the CS6001 error with your new 360.

In the past when this error has occured it's meant the box needs replacing due to a faulty hard drive.

There isn't a recently deleted folder on the 360 as once a program is deleted it's gone for good.

To see how much HD space has been used. Press Home > Saved > Recordings > See all. There is a percentage indicator in the top left hand corner.

Sometimes performing a factory reset can help ensure the hard drive is detected again, however I think this may be a short term solution as it will probably fail again.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

I would try that option first, and if it doesn't work then try the second Format Disk option - as the name suggests it will format and delete everything just the same as having it swapped out for a new box. If you do take this route then make a note of any series recording you have made and any recordings (if they are visible in the menus)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave

it shows 100% used but then says no recordings are on the hard disc. I have tried two factory resets. As you said it was a temporary fix. Suppose I will have to make another dreaded call to the helpline.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Fisherman27 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker previously and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Failing that you can wait for another member of the Forum Team to pick this up again and order a replacement, however it may take a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Excellent - thank you