cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstairs box not linked to new wifi pod

Bobbins5
Joining in

Hello. We had to have a new wifi pod downstairs. We had to disconnect all over boosters. The pos is great but our upstairs tivo box is now showing 'no connection' - ethernet cable not connected. The cable was plugged into the booster... what do we do now? 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bobbins5 

The Tivo box has it's own inbuilt internet connection.

Are you sure it isn't a V6 box? You can check which box you have by looking at the link below.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

If the upstairs box is a V6 then disconnect the ethernet cable completely from the V6 and see if you can connect via wifi 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bobbins5
Joining in

Yes it is a V6 box but it has been completely disconnected from the ethernet cable since we got the new pod up and running. It has been showing the message saying that the cable is not connected. It seems to want the ethernet cable to be reconnected somehow? 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried to reset the V6 network connection to WiFi by giving it the SSID and password of your Hub in the V6 settings?

If so, what happens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bobbins5

Sorry to hear of the connection issues regarding your set top box and the recently installed Pod, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and are happy to help.

Have you been able to follow the steps offered by newapollo? Did this help resolve the issue? 

Rob

Hi @Bobbins5

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connectivity to your V6 and WiFi pod. I can see that you are already have a thread opened and being responded to about this issue. If you need any further support please keep one thread on the same issue, so we can help and support you more clearly and quickly. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

We had a play around a few days ago and we changed the network settings to wifi rather than 'wired' and followed the instructions on screen. Thankfully this resolved the issue! 

Thanks for coming back to the thread Bobbins5

I am glad to hear all is sorted, do pop back should you ever need us.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill