cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to TV with TV 360

aquarius51
Joining in

I am considering upgrading my package to include TV, with TV 360, however I am finding the order process confusing. Apparently a coaxial point is required for each of the mini boxes, but it doesn't make this clear on the order, nor does it ask if they are already installed. If these need to be installed this will require an engineer visit for installation and I'm worried about the cost if I have to add engineer installation plus new connections. Is this payable on my next bill or before upgrading, or can I spread the cost over two bills??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi aquarius51,

You are correct that you will need a coax point for each set top box. You also need VM broadband to use the 360. The coax is needed for the live TV.

Any additional charges would be added to your next bill.

The info below is taken from the TV sub-section towards the bottom of the following  page  https://www.virginmedia.com/tv 

Virgin TV:

New customers: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

If you have, or decide to take out the Ultimate oomph bundle this includes a second 360 box at no extra monthly cost.

Before making a decision to switch to the 360 box have a read of the https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360  page.

It lists some of the changes compared to the V6 and TIVO boxes, and also how to operate the 360.

The 360 doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the previous boxes (a look around the 360 forums will show this) 

I'm very happy with my 360, although I didn't use all the extra functionality of the previous boxes. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi aquarius51,

You are correct that you will need a coax point for each set top box. You also need VM broadband to use the 360. The coax is needed for the live TV.

Any additional charges would be added to your next bill.

The info below is taken from the TV sub-section towards the bottom of the following  page  https://www.virginmedia.com/tv 

Virgin TV:

New customers: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

If you have, or decide to take out the Ultimate oomph bundle this includes a second 360 box at no extra monthly cost.

Before making a decision to switch to the 360 box have a read of the https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360  page.

It lists some of the changes compared to the V6 and TIVO boxes, and also how to operate the 360.

The 360 doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the previous boxes (a look around the 360 forums will show this) 

I'm very happy with my 360, although I didn't use all the extra functionality of the previous boxes. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali