cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading problems to TV360

ryanc74
Tuning in

i upgraded to tv360 back at the beginning of March, 1: Only receive a remote and no mini box, and 2: I’ve phoned tech support 7 times and a hour on the phone each time, going through the same stuff reset box etc, the one before the last call which was today told me my box was offline and I needed a new one that was a month ago, never turned up so I feel he told me that to get me off the phone, still not upgrade all I get is message error code of MA1/4/40 please try again later, so after a month of giving up I thought I try to upgrade today and rang tech support yet again they couldn’t sort it, and the guys more experienced supervisor is going to call me!!!! When? 2022?? Really annoyed with the service all i want is for the tv360 to work as I’m paying for it or a engineer to come out it’s simple not hard to do, anyone experienced this and how did they sort it? 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1. Why were you expecting a mini box?

2. If you provide clearer detail of your issue, you may get some help here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I wasn’t expecting the mini box but it seems everyone else got one, and two my TiVo box won’t upgrade to tv360 if you read the post correctly and 7 times I’ve spoken to tech and been blagged as not one knew why apart from one saying I’m offline and I’ll send you a new box a month ago

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you pay for one box, you won’t get a second (mini box).

Your single V6 has been sent a new remote to change it via an app to a TV 360.

The error you quote has been documented by some on this very forum to be resolved by powering your V6 down by unplugging and leaving for a few minutes before powering up again.

Failing that, you can wait here for further help by Virgin Media staff, which may include a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That’s why I’ve come on here as I’ve tried everything that you have mentioned above with the box and gone through tech support Virgin Media staff 7 times, 1 promised me a new box a month ago and after 7 times of a hour long the last call today the gentle told me his supervisor was ringing this has been going on for two months now and I’ve asked on here if anyone knows why this is happening so I can sort it myself. If you went it to your shop and paid for a Mars bar and got just the wrapper and the shop keeper said ring tomorrow for the chocolate and you did for a month or two would you be happy? 

@ryanc74 wrote:

That’s why I’ve come on here as I’ve tried everything that you have mentioned above with the box and gone through tech support Virgin Media staff 7 times, 1 promised me a new box a month ago and after 7 times of a hour long the last call today the gentle told me his supervisor was ringing this has been going on for two months now and I’ve asked on here if anyone knows why this is happening so I can sort it myself. If you went it to your shop and paid for a Mars bar and got just the wrapper and the shop keeper said ring tomorrow for the chocolate and you did for a month or two would you be happy? 

...please tell me that's not you Ryan?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back to work...........!!!!

😂

That baggie? 

Hi Ryanc74,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your 360 upgrade looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I can confirm if you only had a V6 box you would not get a mini box along with the upgrade. 

I can also confirm that I have identified an issue on my side regarding your box! It will need an engineer visit to check it out, which I will be happy to book for you today. 

I'll just need to send you a PM so I can confirm a few things, but hopefully we will be able to get this resolved for you soon 🙂

Speak to you in a moment,

Megan_L

Hi Megan, 

ive just replied to your PM thank you 

Hi Ryanc74,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have booked an engineer slot for you which I mentioned in our PM, but just for extra help you can also view it on your online account here - Online Account

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes so we can continue to support you if you still need us 🙂

Thanks so much, 

Megan_L