cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from V6 box to TV360 box

silvershark76
Tuning in

I have just upgraded from the V6 box to TV360, I hate it, I see people are saying that you cannot downgrade back. I like the remote but I do miss the (My Shows) button because it took your straight there. I don't like that some programmes you have to watch on catchup, on V6 I had a full series in (My Shows) in one press of a button. Like I like Miranda but to record them on too the HD is a no. I think they have come forward with some things but backwards with others.

If I was to phone virgin would they give me a V6 box and swap them.

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

@silvershark76 wrote:

I have just upgraded from the V6 box to TV360, I hate it, I see people are saying that you cannot downgrade back. I like the remote but I do miss the (My Shows) button because it took your straight there. I don't like that some programmes you have to watch on catchup, on V6 I had a full series in (My Shows) in one press of a button. Like I like Miranda but to record them on too the HD is a no. I think they have come forward with some things but backwards with others.

If I was to phone virgin would they give me a V6 box and swap them.

No is the quick answer.

Wasn't My Shows just a short cut to your recordings, ( it's been sometime since I had V6 ), if that was the case just use voice control and say recordings " .

You are right but one thing, to get recordings now you have to hold down a button then say recordings. on the V6 remote you just pressed the button My Shows done.

I am so fed up of this TV360, I went looking for a program to record today I pressed the red button and started recording. Once finished I watched it them wanted to watch the next episode but it was not there and it said I had to go into iplayer to play the next episode. All this messing is time consuming and more pressing of buttons.

On the V6 box you set a series link and it records every single episode in the series and kept them all in one simple folder even if the series was on different channels, with the TV360 you cannot do that ie: If one program on bbc1 and the other on bbc2 on the 360 there will be 2 sort of folders but in V6 one folder 2 recordings inside, the folder is done by name not channel. 

If you still in contract with virgin I think you should be able to downgrade back to V6 if you are not happy, they still must be thousands still on the V6 box, so the software is still out there. All it takes is a format of the HD start over again but this time install the V6 software instead of 360 until they make the 360 better for the recordings.

I think we should get a petition going to make Virgin Media downgrade us back to V6 from 360 if you still in a long contract. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@silvershark76 wrote:

If you still in contract with virgin I think you should be able to downgrade back to V6 if you are not happy, they still must be thousands still on the V6 box, so the software is still out there. All it takes is a format of the HD start over again

Conversions from TiVo/V6 > TV360 have always been voluntary, and remain so.

How do you know that "all it takes" is the complete process? What about the account provisioning side? Bearing in mind, that TiVo/V6 has been closed to new customers for several years now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks