cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded V6 box to 360 now can't find hard drive

Ratty86
On our wavelength

Recently upgraded my V6 box to TV 360.

Last three days I've had issues with the box not coming out of standby mode, after automatically going into it.

Last two days it has took more than 5 restarts to get it passed the welcome screen, even after waiting more than 10 minutes for the box to attempt to sort itself out. Last night it started up and said no hard drive space, even though it wiped itself to install 360 and nothing has been recorded yet.

Tonight, had the same issue but got the error message "Can't find hard drive CS6001" across the screen when I finally got it on after an hour of restarts.

Getting very bored, very quickly of being unable to use a service I'm paying for.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ratty86 wrote:

Tonight, had the same issue but got the error message "Can't find hard drive CS6001" across the screen when I finally got it on after an hour of restarts.

It does sound like your box is unwell and the hard drive probably trying to fail.

I'd recommend calling VM tomorrow to report this. 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I have a fault" options.

Otherwise staff should respond on here, but it may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ratty86
On our wavelength

I gathered there may be some kind of issue with the hard drive or the power to it as sometimes you couldn't even hear the low hum from it starting to spin.

I'll see if I can get time to call around work hours. If not hopefully someone here can help me out. Whichever comes first.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ratty86,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting on here.

I am sorry for any issues with your V6 TV Box.

Did you manage to call us regarding this? Or are you still needing help?

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ratty86
On our wavelength

Hi,

Yeah I rang on Sunday and have a technician coming out tomorrow afternoon. We'll see what they have to say.

Thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Ratty86

So glad to hear you managed to get an engineer scheduled. 

Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ratty86
On our wavelength

The engineer came and diagnosed the box to be at fault.

He said he has seen quite a few of these where the formatting during upgrade doesn't work correctly and corrupts the drive.

He replaced the box and everything appears to be working fine.

Hi Ratty86

Thanks for the update and confirmation its been fixed 

Sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience

Gareth_L