cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade v6 to 360

Pauldenness
Tuning in

Recently upgraded v6 box to 360 with no new box. 
I cannot get remote to work although I have followed all instructions

when I press a button on the remote the red light on top right flashes and box white light flashes but nothing happens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Pauldenness 

Have you followed the instructions on how to upgrade the V6 to a 360?  

You start of by using the V6 remote and clicking on the "Upgrade to 360 now" on your home screen. If you can't see it there then look in All apps.

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

As part of the initial set up the 360 remote should automatically pair with the new Horizon (360) system.

You can also try the following method:-

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

Then to pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You can also pair the remote by again once the main screen is on the 360 by pressing Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Once it's all working if the remote appears to have stopped working give it a couple of shakes.

Also if it appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What stage of the upgrade are you at? Initially you use the old TiVo remote and then you use the new TV 360 remote that you should have received.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Pauldenness 

Have you followed the instructions on how to upgrade the V6 to a 360?  

You start of by using the V6 remote and clicking on the "Upgrade to 360 now" on your home screen. If you can't see it there then look in All apps.

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

As part of the initial set up the 360 remote should automatically pair with the new Horizon (360) system.

You can also try the following method:-

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote.

Then to pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

You can also pair the remote by again once the main screen is on the 360 by pressing Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Once it's all working if the remote appears to have stopped working give it a couple of shakes.

Also if it appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali