cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to virgin tv 360

Ma4
Tuning in

We were quite happy with our V6 box and an old TiVo box but got offered the free ‘upgrade ‘ to virgin tv 360 . What a mistake that was! 
we constantly have problems if we’re trying to watch programmes on both TVs with buffering and no signal alerts . We already have one of the virgin mesh pods . Any suggestions or is it time to move to sky! 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Buffering & no signal errors sound like faults to me. Can you explain a little more?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ma4 

Looking at a thread you were involved in back in May, and "joining the dots" a little, I suspect you migrated from a TiVo & V6 to a 360 & mini.

That does mean all your recordings are on the master box, and the mini is just a slave. This won't help you now, but if you had either 2 x V6 (converted or otherwise), then both boxes would have fully functional hard drives. Changing from a TiVo to 360 directly does bring the issue of losing the second hard drive.

With that in mind, I suspect wireless signal strength will be at least one of your underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Just to add to japitts answer, you say,

'"we constantly have problems if we’re trying to watch programmes on both TVs with buffering and no signal alerts . We already have one of the virgin mesh pod "

is this with live tv or recordings streamed from the main box to the mini box, or on demand, how are both boxes connected to the internet as you say you have a mesh pod.